A GUIDE FOR ARRANGING FUTURE TRANSFERS USING .EDT FILES!

Celebanoron

Okay, after several hours of researching and playing around with the .edt files for FM20, I think I've finally figured out how to properly arrange future transfers yourselves. This is a great way of moving players between clubs on a scheduled basis since you can't seem to do this using the in-game editor.

You'll have to create a .edt file and place it in the proper folder which is in: Football Manager 2020 > data > database > db > 2040 > edt > permanent
(Note: directory is probs different on different versions but it's easy enough to find).

Here's the code:
"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "First Name" "Common Name" "Surname" "Current Club" "New Club" "day" "month" "year" "transfer fee" "weekly wage" "contract length (in years)"

Example: (used this code to schedule transfers to a Chelsea save just to test it and it works)

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Thiago Emiliano" "Thiago Silva" "da Silva" "Paris Saint-Germain" "Chelsea" "01" "07" "2020" "" "115000" "1"
"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Ben" "" "Chilwell" "Leicester" "Chelsea" "01" "07" "2020" "50200000" "210000" "5"

Also tried transferring Timo Werner to Chelsea at an earlier date to verify that the contract length and wages were correct when he actually joins the club. And it worked! sample.png.74a8272b58d3dc2585162cfb18a2382c.png

His contract length and wages were the same as the one I input in the code. However, the drawback to this is that despite signing the player, Chelsea's starting transfer budget of 126M Pounds wasn't affected. This means that even with the incoming transfers you'll still have the same amount to spend. This kinda ruins the balance a bit. The purpose of setting up these transfers for me was to try and make the game reflect real life. However, if you are willing, you can still change the transfer budget for your team for the next window using the in-game editor.

So yeah, I hope you have fun with this! I haven't figured out how to schedule transfers of players from reserves and youth teams as it seems that just using "Barcelona" for scheduling a transfer of one of their youth players doesn't seem to work. So if any of you figure that out, please do let me know. I'm not sure if this would work for FM21 but it's worth trying out. Thanks! 

14 hours ago, Celebanoron said:

Okay, after several hours of researching and playing around with the .edt files for FM20, I think I've finally figured out how to properly arrange future transfers yourselves. This is a great way of moving players between clubs on a scheduled basis since you can't seem to do this using the in-game editor.

You'll have to create a .edt file and place it in the proper folder which is in: Football Manager 2020 > data > database > db > 2040 > edt > permanent
(Note: directory is probs different on different versions but it's easy enough to find).

Here's the code:
"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "First Name" "Common Name" "Surname" "Current Club" "New Club" "day" "month" "year" "transfer fee" "weekly wage" "contract length (in years)"

Example: (used this code to schedule transfers to a Chelsea save just to test it and it works)
"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Thiago Emiliano" "Thiago Silva" "da Silva" "Paris Saint-Germain" "Chelsea" "01" "07" "2020" "" "115000" "1"
"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Ben" "" "Chilwell" "Leicester" "Chelsea" "01" "07" "2020" "50200000" "210000" "5"

Also tried transferring Timo Werner to Chelsea at an earlier date to verify that the contract length and wages were correct when he actually joins the club. And it worked! 

His contract length and wages were the same as the one I input in the code. However, the drawback to this is that despite signing the player, Chelsea's starting transfer budget of 126M Pounds wasn't affected. This means that even with the incoming transfers you'll still have the same amount to spend. This kinda ruins the balance a bit. The purpose of setting up these transfers for me was to try and make the game reflect real life. However, if you are willing, you can still change the transfer budget for your team for the next window using the in-game editor.

So yeah, I hope you have fun with this! I haven't figured out how to schedule transfers of players from reserves and youth teams as it seems that just using "Barcelona" for scheduling a transfer of one of their youth players doesn't seem to work. So if any of you figure that out, please do let me know. I'm not sure if this would work for FM21 but it's worth trying out. Thanks! 

So, if I understand you correctly, it does move the player, but doesn't move the money?  If this works with players we put into the database ourselves, that would give a whole new level of transferactivity.

Best is to place it in all three. Depending on which database you use in the game (I sometimes use the older database for testing purposes) it will get the file from the correct source folder.

On 27/02/2021 at 22:11, Wolf_pd said:

So, if I understand you correctly, it does move the player, but doesn't move the money?  If this works with players we put into the database ourselves, that would give a whole new level of transferactivity.

this has always been the case with future transfers I have pointed it out to SI many times(given up now there is no point) and it just gets ignored

just to clarify if you set up a future transfer this way or using the pre game editor the selling club receives nothing and the buying club's budget remains untouched

so it becomes farcical eg couple of years ago the De jong transfer was' set up'..Ajax didnt see anything for selling their best player and Barca get him for nothing thats wrong on a few levels

• 2 years later...