Old Save on New PC

Hi all, 

I am upgrading my computer to a new laptop which is coming Thursday. I am currently really enjoying a save I have with Southend United and am in 2024.

I was just wondering once I get my new laptop and download steam and download Football Manager again, will that save still be on there or will my new laptop think this is my first time playing football manager and therefore not have my save file still saved?

If will work like that if you have saved with Steam Cloud saves. If not, then you have to transfer the file from the "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\games" from the old PC to the new PC somehow (like a USB stick or something).

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

If will work like that if you have saved with Steam Cloud saves. If not, then you have to transfer the file from the "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\games" from the old PC to the new PC somehow (like a USB stick or something).

Thanks for your help! 

2 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Yeah like XaW said, if you have Steam Cloud on, it should be there. If not, you can always transfer it manually using a USB. 

Or, you can always fire up the save on the existing laptop and change the save type from local to cloud.  Just make sure to allow Steam time to upload the save before you exit it!

Edited by kevhamster

4 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Yeah like XaW said, if you have Steam Cloud on, it should be there. If not, you can always transfer it manually using a USB. 

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Or, you can always fire up the save on the existing laptop and change the save type from local to cloud.  Just make sure to allow Steam time to upload the save before you exit it!

Under properties I've already got the keep game saved in steam cloud for football manager 2021 enabled, i assume that's all good then

2 minutes ago, Ben2002 said:

Under properties I've already got the keep game saved in steam cloud for football manager 2021 enabled, i assume that's all good then

Do make sure you saved it on the cloud, as marked here:

image.png.b23b4b22360a981aa537130591cd1a98.png

1 minute ago, Ben2002 said:

Didn't even think of that! You have just saved my golden generation of regens! 👍 Hope they now stay loyal to league 2 Southend 😂

Happy to help! Good luck with your youngsters! :)

You can tell if it's still uploading, as the blue (or is it green?) "play" button on Steam will be greyed out with the Steam logo in the middle.  Once it becomes a pressable play button again, the save has uploaded to the cloud.