What does "Promising" mean?

3 ore fa, BamBamBam ha scritto:

When searching for young players, i see promising midfielder or winger, but what makes a player "Promising"?

that he has an high quality (ca) for the young age.

Funny, "promising" said nothing about his potential.

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

2 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

that he has an high quality (ca) for the young age.

Funny, "promising" said nothing about his potential.

So it isn't like with wonderkids, where they need a certain PA and CA before 21 to be labeled wonderkid?

I've seen kids who gets a good CA bump get the label promising but I thought they needed a certain PA as well, since many kids with way better stats (and therefore probably higher CA) not getting labeled as promising?

9 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

So it isn't like with wonderkids, where they need a certain PA and CA before 21 to be labeled wonderkid?

Wonderkids need CA for their age and reputation. It's also not linked to PA.

It's worth remembering that this is a Media Description. The media's description of someone. It's no indicator or guarantee of anything, just as we see in the real world.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Wonderkids need CA for their age and reputation. It's also not linked to PA.

Did they recently change this? I think they lowered the PA/CA needed to have the wonderkid "stamp" a few yrs back, as they did with the "model citizen" personality so you now see people with 16 Determination still be labeled Model Citizen.

I've always thought it meant a player under 21 (or 22, cant remember exactly) which has a certain PA AND has reached a certain CA at the same time?

8 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Did they recently change this? I think they lowered the PA/CA needed to have the wonderkid "stamp" a few yrs back, as they did with the "model citizen" personality so you now see people with 16 Determination still be labeled Model Citizen.

I've always thought it meant a player under 21 (or 22, cant remember exactly) which has a certain PA AND has reached a certain CA at the same time?

It's been this way for at least 3 or 4 versions. I haven't looked further back.

It would be somewhat of a cheat to see a player with that label and know for a fact that they have a high PA, when there's no such certainty in the real world.