[FM2021] FMCU Wanderers - The Return (Youth Only Lower League)

deez0r

Youth Intake 2031 - Overview

image.thumb.png.331012658a76af71484062c787ea51bc.png

Some decent potential again. Its nice to see how our current squad is developing so the intake doesn't look as good as it used to but the potential is still quite similar.  Glad we got another defender who was classified as a full back in the preview but will be very useful in the middle!

image.thumb.png.18fae4148b99a19ac0ee461647b24cd1.png

Solid potential again here. The top 3 could be big players for us whereas the others will more than likely be squad players. I have signed all those above 100 PA again just to keep filling out the u23's and u18's. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Intake 2031 - The Players

YP31A - Kieran Quinn

Love the look of Quinn. Already first team squad ready. Capable of playing either in the AMC or DMC role with those attributes. Big player. 

YP31B - Kevin Needham

I like the look of Needham as well. I will utilise him as a centre back more than a full back because we are shorter there and he looks like he has the stats already to play there.

YP31C - Michael Scott

Another full back which is nice. Not first team ready yet but definitely will be useful in the future!

YP31D - Ady Stamp

Goalkeeper prospect after goalkeeper prospect. Every year we get one. He has 3 or 4 who have bigger potential than him but if we train him up we could definitely make profit like we did with Holmes.

YP31E - Finn Knight

Always nice to see pace on a winger but he needs to develop elsewhere before being first team ready. A loan move or 2 will be beneficial.

YP31F - George Morris

Not a massive prospect but again an area we are probably weakest. Could be useful cover for both centre back and right back.

YP31G - Tony Okonkwo

Cant see Okonkwo ever being in the first team but again over 100 PA and could be useful if our younger teams want to challenge for titles.

Final Day

image.png.3e6ff29261120e8453a70d13252c0dd9.png

We play 6th placed Leicester at home whereas Fulham travel to 10th placed Newcastle and Burnley go to 13th placed Watford.

Results

image.thumb.png.2b049ea20a72bb31d23e11562e28a1af.png

A 95th minute winner guarantees us survival! Fulham lose 3-1 to Newcastle but manage to stay up as Burnley were only capable of a 1-1 draw at Watford which meant it finished as below.

image.png.935f8c2035b2cb36a4a61a30b338b30b.png

We wanted to be better than 3 other teams and in the end end we were better than 5! Great first season!

Results

image.thumb.png.1a85469f522e0fdae766cc78d60db857.png

We asked for survival this season and we got it. 2 big wins in the final 3 games confirming our PL status!

League Table

image.thumb.png.34e9204a40224baa135a342e6b4812d4.png

We finish 15th which is a great achievement. We took some batterings but also had some big wins! That lovely EC2 beside our name means we have European football for the first time in our history!

FA Cup

image.thumb.png.c8905d914b4881c845ec3a98cf58a7e8.png

We made the final last year but fell a bit shorter this. Made it into the Quarter Finals but West Ham were simply better than us on the day.

Carabao Cup

image.thumb.png.1e90be770fb6450d1b3e9f6436af48e4.png

Our first cup win! A great run which we tried our best ruining in the 2nd leg of the semi final. Our top ever goalscorer getting us the win in the final against a good Arsenal side!

Player Review - Josh Hegarty (YP28B)

image.thumb.png.4ceb529b3670122f474d7f1e39474859.png

Hegarty is our backup goalkeeper this season and he has performed well when called upon and actually has more clean sheets than Wilson in much less games!

Goalkeeper Watch

Wilson got 3 goals and 2 assists in 37 games this season whereas Hegarty got 1 goal in 12 games

Youth Review

image.thumb.png.e473acf7659f85699ccdbc2b5a091e11.png

I will do a squad review before next season but again 8 players with 10+ CA point development is great and a lot of those further down at 95% or above towards their highest PA.

Youth Graduates

image.thumb.png.15c7b9f50797061af97e1823fe9908b2.png

McIlroy (YP25A) is our latest graduate. He was our biggest prospect from the 2025 intake and has 5 caps for Northern Ireland U21's. In his 7th season with us he has scored 10 goals and has 36 assists from the deep lying role which isn't bad. His development has stalled slightly this season so not sure if he will get up towards his possible PA or not but still a good player for us in the squad.

Overview

image.thumb.png.7fb13492d330223e9fe87f91edc199a6.png

Our finances soared this season. With a very low wage budget and the PL TV rights money means we will be comfortable for a very long time. Training and youth both improved with youth scheduled again. Trying to get them to agree to training has been an issue! Nice to see our average attendance be great even though we are renting off Fulham. Nice to see we have the fan base to get decent numbers!

Squad Review - Part 1

Goalkeepers

James Wilson (YP27B)

Josh Hegarty (YP28B)

Wilson is our number 1 and has been called into the full England squad but is yet to win a cap. Hegarty is one of 3 keepers who could be backup. I have sent one out on loan whilst our most recent GK prospect will get one more season in the u23's

Full Backs

Stephen Taylor (YP26D)

Sunday Adeleye (YP28E)

Herve Kouame (YP23A)

Kevin Needham (YP31B)

Probably the area we are shortest in in terms of quality. Taylor has been playing above his standard for a few seasons but still performs very well in terms of assists. Adeleye is our best full back currently but doesn't have much more potential. Covers both sides which is good. Kouame could well be coming to the end of his time here next season. We have a couple of good prospects at full back who aren't quite at first team level yet but will be a part of the squad next season. Needham is useful as he covers centre back and full back. A big prospect for us.

Centre Backs

Hayden Hazel (YP28A)

Gareth Denham (YP30B)

Gus Jones (YP25C)

Harry Stewart (YP22C)

An area were we are a bit better off now then we were a few seasons back. Hazel is obviously are big player here and Denham is the big prospect who will partner him for this season in most game. Jones and Stewart both are limited and playing probably 2 leagues above their potential but they are useful backup players. Another are we need to improve in.

Def. Midfielder

Esko Haavisto (YP26B)

Michael McIlroy (YP25A)

Harri Hay (YP29A)

Haavisto I have retrained into a deep lying player as we have 2 very good AMC prospects. I think his stats better suit this position as well. McIlroy has stagnated a bit in terms of development but is still out backup. Hay had a good loan season last year and will get more game time this season. He will eventually become our number 1 deep lying player. 

Squad Review - Part 2

Wingers

Sam MacDonald (YP28D)

Lyndon Hodges (YP27C)

Matthew Gregg (YP27A)

Emmerson Odle (YP29B)

Daniele Nussbaum (YP29D)

One of our strongest areas in the team. MacDonald and Hodges are the 2 starters currently but Gregg and Odle are bother very good players who are just as capable. Nussbaum I am going to try and get a loan deal for a season as he needs game time to develop.

Att. Midfielder

Barry Miller (YP29C)

Kieran Quinn (YP31A)

It may look like we lack depth here but we have 2 or 3 others who can play this position. Miller's development has been fantastic and he is jumping in with a lot of assists. Quinn is another big prospect who is currently the Premier Leagues all time youngest goalscorer.

Strikers

Solomon McKenzie (YP26A)

Kevin Stewart (YP24B)

Glody Kasongo (YP30A)

Stewart was the PL top goalscorer last season. He really has been fantastic for the club. McKenzie also had a very good season and is a solid PL player now. In terms of backup our one big prospect is Kasongo who isn't ready quite yet but will get game time this season. We have others who can fill in up top as well. 

Additional Transfer

image.png.1dbdfdc41abc8f1ad841da3b7f24bb9a.png

Unfortunately Swansea came in and offered a contract whilst we were trying to get him to sign personal terms. On the plus side I dont think we would have ever got that amount of money normally for him so thats good! 

Corrupted Save

To anyone who has been following this save thank you. Unfortunately my laptop seems to have had a bit of a meltdown and I have had a corrupted save (and also lost other files). I will be starting another save later today going down a slightly different route.