Seniors not getting picked for Under 23s

mog

When I select senior squad layers for under 23 friendlies they are not getting played despite them being shown in the team setup. This really ticks me off as the players concerned lose match fitness which forces me to play them in the 1st team to get match fit, which is risky.

What am I doing wrong?

5 hours ago, mog said:

When I select senior squad layers for under 23 friendlies they are not getting played despite them being shown in the team setup. This really ticks me off as the players concerned lose match fitness which forces me to play them in the 1st team to get match fit, which is risky.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you checked staff responsibilities for your u23 to check if you have delegated them

This could be the reason?

If your U23 manager is in charge of team selection then he's... in charge. Of team selection.

You might've made some senior players available for him to select but he's got no obligation to play them if he doesn't think they're good enough.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:13, CornishGas said:

If your U23 manager is in charge of team selection then he's... in charge. Of team selection.

You might've made some senior players available for him to select but he's got no obligation to play them if he doesn't think they're good enough.

I appreciate the response but I'm talking about 1st teamers coming back from injury needing match fitness in friendlies, or does the 3 player restriction apply to those?

• Administrators

You can select who plays in what position - when the inbox item is generated in relation to making players available, you can select the player in a whatever position you want them to play. 

Otherwise the youth team manager will pick based on those available and the match day rules. In some competitions over-aged players not not be eligible to be selected.