In my save Messi retired in 2021, at 33 years old

In order for SI to take a look at it to see if it was a bug, you'd have to post it over in the bug forum (I'd suggest this one: https://community.sigames.com/forum/825-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/), and provide a copy of the save, ideally just before the retirement announcement, so they can take a look and see what caused him to retire.

Once you get into the future, you can't tell what's realistic or not.  Literally anything could happen.  Anyone could get a horrendous injury, or just have some life-altering event that means they have to retire.  Hell, they could just wake up one day and decide they've had enough.  

54 minutes ago, rosque said:

In my save Barca sold Messi in 2022 to Juve to pair him with CR7. Messi is retiring at the end of 2022/23 season. Gonna be fun to see if they can win the CL finally.

That's even MORE unrealistic :D

Also, not sure if anything is unrealistic as once you load up the game at the start the virtual world goes into it's own universe and every little thing can influence things like Messi retiring such as big injury. I can imagine he might retire at 34 because his Achilles went for example. I had players in 20s retire due to big injuries.