Anyone who knows how to set up a defensive throw in routine

I can only find a way to defend long throws, and since the AI never uses long throws, it is pretty useless.

i find that the AI scores a lot indirectly from throw ins.

te taker pases the ball to a free teammate, who passes it back, he then crosses the ball to the far post, and my defenders marking is all over the place and they score.

Please help

I can tell you how I set up my defensive throw-ins (basically in the same way I set up def corners), and I very rarely concede from these situations (almost never), but anyway keep in mind that I'm not an expert on set pieces.

- one player (usually a fullback) marks far post

- nobody marks near post

- three aerially most capable players (2 of which are usually CBs) zonally mark the near post area, far post area and center of the box respectively

- a fast and technical player who is useless in the air stays forward

- edge of area is usually covered by the player with the best playmaking ability (key attributes - anticipation, concentration, acceleration. passing, decisions, aggression)

- the remaining three are just instructed to go back (basically zonally mark different zones of the penalty area)

I almost never man-mark during set pieces.

Tnak you very much for the tip.

But it dont seem to solve the problem, since it dont change how my players are lining up at defensive throw ins.

Here the thrower give it to nr. 77 who is totally unmarked, he can turn around and cross or play it back for a cross.

So i really need a way to set up my defensive routine for short corners. cant find it anywhere. however it seems like the AI has a way of effeciently defend my short throw ins

Skærmbillede 2020-12-01 06.41.07.png

Skærmbillede 2020-12-01 06.41.02.png

Skærmbillede 2020-12-01 06.40.15.png

Skærmbillede 2020-12-01 06.42.03.png

Skærmbillede 2020-12-01 06.41.59.png

I only shared how I set up my both defensive throw-ins and corners that work fine for me. But as I said, I am not an expert at set pieces, so hopefully someone more specialized will jump in to help.

Btw, I am still on FM20, so if you play FM21 it's possible that routines should be reviewed. 

• 4 months later...