Hi guys,

Posted this in the BETA bugs forum but had no response. On both the BETA and now on full release I have a real hang when I go onto the development centre. Everything else in the game is smooth and works fine but there is a clear 5 sec hang whenever I click on the development centre and navigate around that screen.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this?

@Andrew James

6 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Thanks for raising this @Sport Lacost

It's an issue we're aware of on some saves, and working to get fixed. Could you upload a save that displays this issue please? Extra examples will be very useful for us to test any potential fixes with :)

I will do this Andrew! Any idea how long a fix might take on this and if it will be save game compatible? Really is unplayable atm with the hang.

The hang actually causes my entire game to crash. Below I included a screenshot.

While managing Newell's Old Boys, I cannot click the development center tab without the entire game crashing out on me. Unfortunately, the dialogue box for the crash offers nothing outside of the option to send it to SI, which I have done. I also opened a ticket for it before finding this thread as the crash only occurred for NOB and no other club I tried, including other clubs in Argentina.

I'll be uploading my file momentarily.uploaded 'BROKEN SAVE FILE.fm' (sorry, I thought I'd get a chance to give it a more relevant name).

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.16.32 PM.png

Edited by bielsadidnothingwrong
added file name

• SI Staff

No worries.

We think this issue is linked to teams that have massive Youth Squads, so in the meantime while we try to get a proper fix - a potential workaround could be to clear out some of the deadwood in those squads, or promote some of your best youngsters to reduce the numbers a bit. 

Hope this helps and thank you for your patience! 

2 hours ago, Andrew James said:

No worries.

We think this issue is linked to teams that have massive Youth Squads, so in the meantime while we try to get a proper fix - a potential workaround could be to clear out some of the deadwood in those squads, or promote some of your best youngsters to reduce the numbers a bit. 

Hope this helps and thank you for your patience! 

Hi Andrew, I just terminated half of the reserves and youth contracts as a test but it made no difference unfortunately.

• SI Staff

Hi @Sport Lacost

Sorry, missed your comment last week.

Hmm, that's very frustrating, the latest hotfix did indeed contain a fix for this issue and it seemed to be working correctly internally.

Have you noticed any improvement at all? If not, could you upload another save game where the lag is still present and we'll get it looked at again :thup:

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2020 at 15:54, Andrew James said:

Hi @Sport Lacost

Sorry, missed your comment last week.

Hmm, that's very frustrating, the latest hotfix did indeed contain a fix for this issue and it seemed to be working correctly internally.

Have you noticed any improvement at all? If not, could you upload another save game where the lag is still present and we'll get it looked at again :thup:

Hi Andrew, hope you’re well!

Strangely, this issue has resurfaced out of the blue for me in the last few days. Nothing has changed my end, still playing the same career on the same laptop (only in Jan of season one so no youth intake or anything yet). However now whenever I try to navigate around the youth squads there is a noticeable hang of a few seconds that hadn’t been there for a month or so? 

• 1 month later...
On 03/02/2021 at 16:06, Andrew James said:

Hi @Sport Lacost

Could you upload a new save game with the issue present if possible? We haven't had any new cases arise internally and I'm not sure what could have caused it.

Hi @Andrew James, I've tried uploading my save game file to the SI cloud service but it isn't loading for me - is it down?  I'm still having issues with this. Can you please take a look at it and let me know as it's really frustrating having that hang every time?