VAR - upheld goals and GLT

Prej

Has anyone ever had a VAR verified goal upheld?

In FM20 as well as in FM21, whenever there is suspicion of offside, it's always disallowed. In FM20, I have NEVER had an offside checked goal given.

Same goes for goal-line technology. In more than 3000 hours of FM20, I have never had a goal given after GLT checking.

Is this only useless flavour to keep the immersion up or is it my bad luck?

4 minutes ago, Prej said:

Has anyone ever had a VAR verified goal upheld?

In FM20 as well as in FM21, whenever there is suspicion of offside, it's always disallowed. In FM20, I have NEVER had an offside checked goal given.

Same goes for goal-line technology. In more than 3000 hours of FM20, I have never had a goal given after GLT checking.

Is this only useless flavour to keep the immersion up or is it my bad luck?

You can actually quite often see a VAR checking somewhere on screen where they don't actually intervene but let the goal stand. You just don't get the flashy message saying that the VAR validated the goal. 

Just now, KlaaZ said:

You can actually quite often see a VAR checking somewhere on screen where they don't actually intervene but let the goal stand. You just don't get the flashy message saying that the VAR validated the goal. 

Ok, but have you ever had a VAR-checked offside goal given after the ref went to check the screen himself?

In FM20, whenever the ref went to check, I knew the goal would not be given.

Just now, Prej said:

Ok, but have you ever had a VAR-checked offside goal given after the ref went to check the screen himself?

In FM20, whenever the ref went to check, I knew the goal would not be given.

No, because offside has no referee interpretation. They'll never go check the screen, the VAR will just check and, if offside, will intervene. They only go check the screen for penalty cases afaik. :)

2 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

No, because offside has no referee interpretation. They'll never go check the screen, the VAR will just check and, if offside, will intervene. They only go check the screen for penalty cases afaik. :)

Yeah, of course you're right. :seagull:

What I mean is the flashy screen thing actually validating the goal.

And if playing in England the GLT replay is just there to show how close it was as if it is a goal it just gets given as a buzz on a watch no check needed, Of course in game we rarely if ever get a clearance off the line to make it interesting, Just the occasional gk save on the line 

I just conceded a goal that was upheld after VAR reviewed whether it was offside or not. I couldn't believe my eyes. Would be great if it occured more, waiting for the confirmation not knowing whether it will stand or not would be pretty tense.