increase defend duties to the range of 6 or 7

Assman was telling me that all the time in 20 as well, would someone mind explaining that to me.

I have them shooting less, dribbling less, direct passing, taking fewer risks, holding position... do I want to give them a ton of stuff to confuse them in league 2 in Scotland?  Happy they know which way we're passing ...

Or am I looking at the wrong setting...

5 minutes ago, jase19 said:

Assman was telling me that all the time in 20 as well, would someone mind explaining that to me.

I have them shooting less, dribbling less, direct passing, taking fewer risks, holding position... do I want to give them a ton of stuff to confuse them in league 2 in Scotland?  Happy they know which way we're passing ...

Or am I looking at the wrong setting...

He's talking about the Duties set to Defend. You're jumping to PIs. Increase the number of Defend Duties, I assume for a fairly defensive Mentality and/or tactic.

21 minutes ago, jase19 said:

Guess I'm not following.

So start from the beginning. What is a Duty? It's given to a role - Defend, Support & Attack. Your assistant is recommending that the number of Defend Duties should be either 6 or 7.

Well if someone wouldn't mind giving me a step by step of how to get to the location the assisistant manager is on my case about since apparently I've been wrong, and do not know what I'm talking about.  That would be cool.

Pretend I'm clueless, because I am.

54 minutes ago, jase19 said:

Well if someone wouldn't mind giving me a step by step of how to get to the location the assisistant manager is on my case about since apparently I've been wrong, and do not know what I'm talking about.  That would be cool.

Pretend I'm clueless, because I am.

Do you know what a duty is on the tactics screen? For example you can set a central midfielder to attack, support, or defend?