Managerial Support!

Starting to have a hard time due to not having the respect of my players.

I started my career with Mallorca (Spanish Segunda Division), with a Continental Pro licence and Semi-Pro past playing experience. According to the Managerial Support summary, due to my playing experience (despite holding the coaching badge), I don't have the respect of my players and have very poor support.

After 8 games, we found ourselves 2nd in the table, looking very strong and confident. However, the following three games saw us fall in form, drawing 2 and losing 1, scoring only once in 3 games.

I decided to hold a team meeting, to try and regain our confidence and form by telling the team we need to pick back up before things get worse... BIG MISTAKE - Lost the whole dressing room! Since then, we've gone on to lose and drew the following 2 games respectively, find ourselves now outside the play-off spaces in 7th.

The press have somehow become privy into the dressing room mood. Team talks are now negative to non-effective (Man-management and Motivation attributes both on 20).

How the hell do I salvage this managerial support rating???

This is one of the dangers of being at a club and you have a low rep and no respect. At the slightest hint of trouble, you'll lose support. It's up to you to prove you have what it takes so you gain the trust and confidence. As said, winning matches will be the easiest way to do that.

Of course lol

I suppose I'm going to have to temper my expectations, and re-focus on a play-off finish (club target), rather than automatic qualification for promotion which we were previously looking good for.

I've always played with the highest coaching badge and playing experience, so this ''lack of respect'' is new to me haha. But I'm up for the challenge, might have to watch a game or 2 in full and put and arm or 2 round these players during chats to pick them up!

Better get winning then,

Cheers lads!

The only promise (if you can call it a promise) made was to achieve a play off position - which we were in. It was just the form that concerned me. But during the meeting which I held to help halt the slump, they all thought they were doing well! :lol: So I guess my 'well' and their 'well' were different!