Help with no relegation

garmac

I am trying to recreate my country's league Jamaica...shoutout to @Timo61, i started from one of his Jamaica files but his structure wasn't real to life.  The premier league will see a few changes from this year.  It doesn't seem like a big change when you think of it but i need some help recreating it in the editor.  i have recreated the current structure using the basic rules but the new structure i guess will need advanced rules. 

The Premier league was abandoned so the same 12 teams from 2019 will contest 2020.  There will be no relegations to the league below but 2 teams will still be promoted at the end of the season.  Therefore the 2021 season will start with 14 teams. This continues for another year and 2022 will start with 16 teams. Relegations occur at the end of 2022 season and onwards so the league will now have 16 teams.

I kinda started in the advance rules the simplest way i can but i am not quite getting how to solve the errors that come up in the rules when i verify. The first error say something about setting extra teams from the lower league. I would also like it to skip 2019 so no winner is declared for any league.

Any help is welcome. i have attached what i have so far but would still like to know how to do it myself so i can on future editions if needs be.

D3C_20AR.fmf

3 hours ago, garmac said:

I am trying to recreate my country's league Jamaica...shoutout to @Timo61, i started from one of his Jamaica files but his structure wasn't real to life.  The premier league will see a few changes from this year.  It doesn't seem like a big change when you think of it but i need some help recreating it in the editor.  i have recreated the current structure using the basic rules but the new structure i guess will need advanced rules. 

The Premier league was abandoned so the same 12 teams from 2019 will contest 2020.  There will be no relegations to the league below but 2 teams will still be promoted at the end of the season.  Therefore the 2021 season will start with 14 teams. This continues for another year and 2022 will start with 16 teams. Relegations occur at the end of 2022 season and onwards so the league will now have 16 teams.

I kinda started in the advance rules the simplest way i can but i am not quite getting how to solve the errors that come up in the rules when i verify. The first error say something about setting extra teams from the lower league. I would also like it to skip 2019 so no winner is declared for any league.

Any help is welcome. i have attached what i have so far but would still like to know how to do it myself so i can on future editions if needs be.

D3C_20AR.fmf 26.59 kB · 0 downloads

I can't access FM20 files because I have an older version but what you need to do in the Advanced rules are at least two things

1. You have to explicitly tell the game you want more teams in a division

image.png.d27c709def34f86f397083b6c7d1db52.png

2. You also need to make two versions of the division. 

Maybe it works anyway but I'm using a new version of the league. Update the number of teams in the league to the new. Then you set the start and end year like this for the first season:

image.png.2c25a94d62ad4935086d9d5d7dad9307.png

The second season looks like this:

image.png.02ceafd6fe13a68fc8288356a83b6197.png

The obvious question is: do you need to recreate rules from start? No, you just duplicate the league under List and do the above from there. 

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

I can't access FM20 files because I have an older version but what you need to do in the Advanced rules are at least two things

1. You have to explicitly tell the game you want more teams in a division

image.png.d27c709def34f86f397083b6c7d1db52.png

2. You also need to make two versions of the division. 

Maybe it works anyway but I'm using a new version of the league. Update the number of teams in the league to the new. Then you set the start and end year like this for the first season:

image.png.2c25a94d62ad4935086d9d5d7dad9307.png

The second season looks like this:

image.png.02ceafd6fe13a68fc8288356a83b6197.png

The obvious question is: do you need to recreate rules from start? No, you just duplicate the league under List and do the above from there. 

thanks...some of these i have already included, i have 3 versions of the division for the different years, have also dine the start year and end year, haven't done #1 tho...will see how that goes.  

the rules have to be creatd from scratch but the competitions are already in the games. 

if i change the number of extra lower divisions teams, wont 4 get promoted instead of the normal 2?

Edited by garmac

if i change the number of extra lower divisions teams, wont 4 get promoted instead of the normal 2?

It doesn't matter the number of extra teams, what matters is that you set how many will be promoted in the rules, and the iteration on them.  And as you are doing three set of them you need to check everything.

Also, as your rules are varying, I do believe you need to set different numbers on the field "lower team for division" (or something like that), in order to prevent the "there is not enough teams for division (X)" when verifying.

3 hours ago, krakonico said:

It doesn't matter the number of extra teams, what matters is that you set how many will be promoted in the rules, and the iteration on them.  And as you are doing three set of them you need to check everything.

Also, as your rules are varying, I do believe you need to set different numbers on the field "lower team for division" (or something like that), in order to prevent the "there is not enough teams for division (X)" when verifying.

it seems it does matter the number of extra teams. When i select the check box and put 0, it gave the same error as before. When i add 2 extra teams, the error is now that one of the lower division somehow gets short a team.

maybe should have added that 4 lower division teams enter a playoff for the 2 promotion spots to the Prem. So always only 2 team should be promoted.

6 minutes ago, garmac said:

it seems it does matter the number of extra teams. When i select the check box and put 0, it gave the same error as before. When i add 2 extra teams, the error is now that one of the lower division somehow gets short a team.

maybe should have added that 4 lower division teams enter a playoff for the 2 promotion spots to the Prem. So always only 2 team should be promoted.

But that is a setting in the lower division that you need to adjust, and not in the Premier Division.

The division below should be something like this:

image.png.4f0612f913062d84e563286be3212a51.png

didnt actually go into the lower division details...didnt think i would need to adjust anything there...but when the error about the team being short came up i was thinking of using a range of 10-12 team for that division instead of the set number...trying a few things

18 minutes ago, garmac said:

Maybe I need to rephrase what I said, the number of extra teams doesn't matter, what matter is the setting in both the league (database) and rules.  This is where you need to check if the amount of teams in any division are equal as the setting.  But as you are doing a three phase rules, where somewhere there will be lower teams in the division in a set number of years, for example:

• 2019 - 20 (two promotions, no demotion)
  • 2020 - 18 (two promotions, no demotion)
  • 2021 - 16 (two promotions, two demotions)

So, in the competition you must set two numbers, the lower teams that could potentially be in the league must be the last number, (as in this example is 16)

so first let me thank everyone for their help.  i have gotten all 3 divisions to verify in the editor.  what i have checked in game so far seem ok, just a bit of fine tuning now i guess in record keeping, i notice some of the leagues dont record the winner.

check it out if interested, doesn't quite skip 2019 (2 relegated as if no corona) but 2020 season has no relegation, don't quite have the computer power to go further in the seasons yet.

D3C_20.fmf

Edited by garmac

One other thing i kinda need help with, is to fix how the teams are scheduled in the playoffs.  The league champions are chosen through a playoff which the top 6 teams in the league enter.

i want to have where 1st and 2nd get a bye semis while 3rd plays 6th and 4th plays 5th in the quarterfinals.  Then in the semis, 1st plays the winner of 3rdv6th and 2nd play the other winner. currently, it's 3rdv4th and 5thv6th in the quarters, then 1stv2nd and the two quarterfinal winners playing each other in the semis.

i also notice the teams that get promoted to the Prem from the 4 teams do not get recorded as their respective league winner and titleholder...which is the correct options for these?

Edited by garmac