Where do we play this guy?

CaptCanuck

So one of my South American scouts recommended this guy back in the summer of 2025 and we bought him from his Colombian club for 3m GBP.

Now we're in December of the 2027/28 season and he's on loan at Barca. After doing his time in Spain, I can now bring him back and not have to worry about work permits. Although my squad is set for this season and I don't want to mess with the mix, I will leave him at Barca for the whole season and hope he continues to improve. Now when he returns after the season, where do you play him?

He's slow and I'm not sure he'd fit into my front 3, unless I played him as my striker - currently a PF (s) or DLF (a) depending on tactic. His defensive traits (Marking, Tackling, Positioning) are low otherwise I could use him in my double-pivot, although I think that may still be the best spot. He's too intriguing to cash in and not play, but it is a bit of a head scratcher where I could maximize his skills.

image.png.31b24a66e49eace6c5266ec4acfc2353.png

Current tactic:

2728_BHA_523_Default.JPG.de36f8c5eb2fa20513d41eb760fb5abc.JPG

Edited by CaptCanuck

Thanks guys - ya that makes sense to me. We'll see what another 5 months at Barca does for his attributes and then bring him into the fold next season.

I think some unfortunate teammate is going to be transfer listed now, but them the breaks :-)

20 minutes ago, GianniM said:

Hopefully you can unlearn him the short simple passing thing, he has great technique, vision and decisions to do otherwise

Ya I am thinking he picked that up on loan last season? IIRC he only had the keeper lob when I bought him. I'm going to go back to my end of season save from a couple years back and see if I can see what he initially had.