Replicating Complex Styles Of Play; How Do You Do This? Particularly Thinking Of Gasperini And Flick Recreations

Em 22/08/2020 em 10:12, FMunderachiever disse:

This is what im elluding to.

I watch football nowadays, and when im watching, it seems too complicated to put into the game. Youd need tons of instructions.

Klopp is very clever with pressing triggers. Things like waiting for the bad touch, or pressing when the person receiving the ball has the wrong body shape, and then Liverpool are on him. They tend to funnel him wide where the touchline acts as a defender but ONLY on the basis of a trigger.

Likewise with Bayern.....the front four play four different roles all at the same time. Muller is an advanced forward when Lewa plays DLF. Then Muller plays advanced playmaker when Gnabry cuts in as advanced forward. But then Perisic is a forward at times. Its too fluid to pin down to one role

I was hoping i would get some debate like yours, its interesting

Football instructions are just like computer codes, like : If player A get the ball in the area B, then player C,D and E will close everyone close to them and player F will press player A. There is ways to actually put this into the ME, and even there is ways to actually put instructions way more detailed, like: if player A drop in space, then player B will explore this space. If player B have someone closing him, then player C (who has the ball) will recycle it. This are all things, all little situations that the players could manage alone like real managers do, put exactly what you pretend in your tactics, creating more fluid systems, and getting the role system far away from the game, allowing way more freedom, but there are problems with this:

1: The casual player base, they would never try to work with that amount of instructions and details just to get a part of their tactic working, and unfortunately for us that love the tactical aspect of football, the casuals are the higher number of players.

2: The work SI would have to do this work, basically, to something like this be implemented in the game, a great chunk of code that is in the ME would need to be rewrite to accommodate this new type of instructions, all role would be gone, and a lot of hard-coded instructions would be gone too, so imagine like, having to choose the half-spaces your winger will explore if the wingback is overlapping him, and while he do this, what your ST will be doing? He could be pinning a CB,or moving wide so create another situation,etc. Endless possibilities, but unfortunately, this would take a lot, and I don't think that they think on doing this.

But honestly, would be a terrific system to work with, creating different patterns for how you team will attack, how you gonna be press, choosing where your team will make the traps, wow, a men can dream. But yes, that would need a ton of instructions.