FM20 - Cyprus (Fair Game)

Jogo Bonito

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Svartowiz said:

Nice save you got there, sad to see it end. I'm going to try out AEK Larnakas myself. My goal will be to win their first championship ever and in the long run establish the team as number one on the island. We already have a chance to qualify for the Europa League in the first season, so we cross our fingers for some European success as soon as possible.

We got a lot of Spanish influence in the squad and staff and it will be intersting to see if we're going to continue that tradition or if we try to move in a new direction. I would personally like to get some Scandinavian blood to the team, because I'm from Denmark myself.

I still haven't taken a deep look into the individual players, so I still don't know where our strong areas are in general, but one thing is for sure: our star striker and captain Ivan Trichkovski is going to be an important asset to the team.

Thanks, it was a very enjoyable save for me. I think AEK will be quite strong, but catching APOEL will be hard (this makes it a good challenge). Sticking with a Spanish core would be quite a sensible idea, and Portugal should also prove to be a good market for players. If you know the Danish/Scandinavian/Nordic markets that could help  considerably as lots of them can be signed for little or no outlay. The other advice i would offer is to be always aware of 'foreign' player rules - there are quite a few countries outside of the EU that qualify, and look at EU second nationalities too.

I'm sure you will have a great time (certainly beyond the first season). Best of luck to you 

4 hours ago, LawsonJM0 said:

Just started as Pafos. Always had a soft spot for them since visiting on holiday a few years back. Lets see how we get on!

Unbelievable that I have done five seasons over more than two months and been a virtual loner, now there are new managers of Pafos and AEK! You're both very much welcomed of course :lol::cool:

Pafos have thrown a bit of money at developing faster, their recruitment has been quite expansive. I'm sure you will have a great time with them and the league in general, good luck! 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

• 3 weeks later...