work permit rejected. Player willing to discuss, so it may be possible to persuade him to complete the move.

I am playing as Derby in England and have had a transfer offer accepted by the club and contract offer accepted by the player. (Matias Palacios) but his work permit was rejected.

He is willing to discuss the issue, so it may be possible to persuade him to change his mind and complete the move.

Is there a correct set of answers to this? I can't seem to persuade him to complete the move.

Screenshotwo.png

He’s probably aware that if he signs for you with no permit, he won’t be able to play anyway. So in his mind he’s probably thinking “what’s the point of signing and then not playing for however long it takes to get a permit”

I would assume the only way to do it would be to offer a bigger contract etc and hope he gets the extra points (I can’t remember exactly what it needs but it’s all in the league rules page) 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I don;t think the player can 'renegotiate' a work permit with you. If the application for the permit was unsuccessful you can only improve the deal to meet the criteria (I can;t remember what that is, but related to wages and fees) or walk away.