What do I need to know? FM 101

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, you can have a maximum of 4 longterm (4months+) loans

and a max of 8 short term (1-3 months) loans

these apply from BSN/S through to ECL, EPL is more restrictive on loans

Hmmm very strange that they wont allow me to take on any loans of longer then 3 months, I don't see why lack of salary funds would restrict me from taking on loans as they don't cost me anything.

oh yeah and another thing - I am trying to get a new feeder team for my new club - but when I was with BT in the BSP I had a club in the BSN as a feeder. I figured it would work good as I could send a bunch of my players down a league to play and get experience. Problem is they only let me send 2 players.

Said something about the team only being allowed two long term players per season. So my question is - is there a trick to sending players to your own affiliate? I didn't see an option for 3 month loans or anything? I assume I am missing something because I see posts all over these forums saying people send 10+ players to their affiliates.

Secondly - like I mentioned I have probably tried like 5 times asking the board for a feeder. Each time they come back with very low teams - teams in my save that don't have an active schedule - thus no benefit from sending players. Is there a way I can request they affiliate with a BSN or BSS or even a BSP team? Or is there a reason they don't select those teams (ie they all have affiliates or something already?)

btw I am playing as Walsall as an fyi

Quick question - is it possible to have long term loans in L2? I don't ever get that option when trying to loan players - only the 3 months - and when I try to renew that I am told it's unallowed.

Is this a rule change between the BSP and the upper leagues?

Are you sure you're in a transfer window? Long term loans in the Football League must be registered during the window. Loan rules here.

oh yeah and another thing - I am trying to get a new feeder team for my new club - but when I was with BT in the BSP I had a club in the BSN as a feeder. I figured it would work good as I could send a bunch of my players down a league to play and get experience. Problem is they only let me send 2 players.

Said something about the team only being allowed two long term players per season. So my question is - is there a trick to sending players to your own affiliate? I didn't see an option for 3 month loans or anything? I assume I am missing something because I see posts all over these forums saying people send 10+ players to their affiliates.

Secondly - like I mentioned I have probably tried like 5 times asking the board for a feeder. Each time they come back with very low teams - teams in my save that don't have an active schedule - thus no benefit from sending players. Is there a way I can request they affiliate with a BSN or BSS or even a BSP team? Or is there a reason they don't select those teams (ie they all have affiliates or something already?)

btw I am playing as Walsall as an fyi

As an example, I can only send 4 players to my other Scottish affiliate teams due to league rules on loans, I can however send as many players as I like to my overseas affiliates. So my guess would be a league specific rule is causing your issue.

What division are Walsall in? Could you 'Offer to other Clubs' the players you want to loan out? As long as the team they go to have an active schedule and they ae likely to get playing time is it really that important which club they go to?

Just my 'two cents'.

I actually haven't even been able to get a feeder club with Walsall at this point. The lowest active league I have going is the BSN and the BSS but they keep offering below that so I pass on them.

With Braintree when I was in the BSP I was able to get Thurrock (I think) who was in the BSS and was only able to send 2 players to them. That was from the BSP to the BSS. When I was in the BSS I was only able to have 2 long term loans too so it made sense - but I didn't see how to send players on smaller loans of like 3 months.

As I get deeper with Walsall hopefully I can get 2 feeder teams in different leagues then it will be easier to tell the differences.

I assume Walsall are in league 2, with Rotherham in BSP, is that correct?

If so, stick with Walsall and only accept jobs higher than that.

Rotherham 4th biggest city? Don't think that's right.

1. London

2. Birmingham

3. Leeds

4. Sheffield

and that's only because Manchester is split into Manchester, Salford and Trafford.

Walsall are just north of Birmingham (basically overspill) so surely must have a better catchment area than Rotherham.

Also, the size of the city does not necessarily translate into higher gates and more success. Look at Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan in the EPL. Hardly metropolises but their people are football people. Then look at Bristol, very large city, with two teams, but City still didn't make the Premier.

Sorry should have added... Welcome to the beautiful game. I always like to see converts from places that don't have football as their main sport take an appreciation in the game.

Yeah I am currently with Walsall in L2 and am actually in first place with a 5 point lead at about the 39 game mark. Looks like I will probably get promoted. To be honest I am not sure this is a good thing as it's sorta getting to the point where things are coming too easy. Thinking if I ever do this again I will stick with the low low BSN or BSS team so that the lack of financials/stadium etc act as a handicap. I don't like it when things are too easy ya know?

Though I imagine cracking the premiere league and then trying to challenge the big 4 will proove to be an entirely other challenge haha.

As far as city - the move to Walsall has been a big jump up in attendance. I got my city size off some webpage - obviously i have no idea being from New York haha - I just know that Rothertham's stadium is listed in Sheffield and so I looked up Sheffield. I know it's not a lot of detail but it would have been a large move up from Braintree that's for sure - haha.

It looks like I will get an offer to take over the Bristol Rovers team, which doesn't look to be a bad offer too as it seems to have a good enough infrastructure to go all the way to the EPL. Like you noted the city is certainly big enough to support one. Will be hard to take any job though if I do in fact get promotion to L1. Who knows.

And btw - I just got a nice new laptop and man it's quite a difference how much faster everything runs and how much smoother the 3d engine runs.

There are real stages of difficulty in my experience. Doing well with a recently promoted BSN/S team in the BSP is tough. However, doing well in L2 with a good BSN standard squad is pretty easy. The jump to L1 isn't too hard and promotion is possible first season if you do well in the pre-season transfer market, but the jumps from L1 to the Championship and Championship to Premiership are much harder. It is possible to get three promotions in three seasons (L2 to Prem), but your opening Premiership season will be seriously tough and avoiding relegation unlikely.

Yeah I am currently with Walsall in L2 and am actually in first place with a 5 point lead at about the 39 game mark. Looks like I will probably get promoted. To be honest I am not sure this is a good thing as it's sorta getting to the point where things are coming too easy. Thinking if I ever do this again I will stick with the low low BSN or BSS team so that the lack of financials/stadium etc act as a handicap. I don't like it when things are too easy ya know?

Though I imagine cracking the premiere league and then trying to challenge the big 4 will proove to be an entirely other challenge haha.

As far as city - the move to Walsall has been a big jump up in attendance. I got my city size off some webpage - obviously i have no idea being from New York haha - I just know that Rothertham's stadium is listed in Sheffield and so I looked up Sheffield. I know it's not a lot of detail but it would have been a large move up from Braintree that's for sure - haha.

It looks like I will get an offer to take over the Bristol Rovers team, which doesn't look to be a bad offer too as it seems to have a good enough infrastructure to go all the way to the EPL. Like you noted the city is certainly big enough to support one. Will be hard to take any job though if I do in fact get promotion to L1. Who knows.

And btw - I just got a nice new laptop and man it's quite a difference how much faster everything runs and how much smoother the 3d engine runs.

Rotherham aren't actually from Sheffield, they are temporarily playing home games at an athletics stadium in Sheffield whilst their stadium is rebuilt/redeveloped. Rotherham are actually from... well, Rotherham! :)

ive just got a quick question im hoping someone may be able to answer for me.

is there a quick and simple way to find a list of what players are un-contracted and able to be signed on a free transfer?

Sorry - can't give you a step by step off the top of my head.

But there is a way via the player search using filters.

I think you can add "Expired contracts" to the filter and that's basically free xfers.

Though in my case my best success as far as free's has been just keeping an eye on the transfer rumor page. Generally if the player is worth it - he will get a mention there as another team is considering him, and you can swoop in and go after him yourself.

Rotherham aren't actually from Sheffield, they are temporarily playing home games at an athletics stadium in Sheffield whilst their stadium is rebuilt/redeveloped. Rotherham are actually from... well, Rotherham! :)

Wow, very good to know. So do you think this will correct a few years down the road in game - or will the in game stadium just stay the same as a sort of "bug."

This explains why they have like a 100k rent too.

Right now I got promotion with Walsall into L1, and I am pretty sure I will stick with Walsall and if I move it will be on to a strong established L1 team that I can see moving all the way to the EPL.

It did look like I was going to be offered the Bristol Rovers job for a while. This one interested me too as they seemed to have a good setup that I could ride potentially to the EPL but after they fired their coach and hired an interim, they then gave him a long contract. Do I have to do any more then declare my interest for a job? Because despite being the front runner I was never offered the job. Was this due to my being under contract with Walsall? Would i need to quit my current contract in order to recieve formal offers from other teams?

Not even half a season gone in L1 with Walsall and I am already starting to see the challenges ahead.

Loans aren't as big an impact as you get higher and higher. In the lower leagues if you could grab two great loans from your parent club it would seriously boost your team and cover up a lot of ugly areas.

As I climb the difference between a loaned player and the average player get's smaller and smaller. Now a great loan from a EPL team means they want me to pay some of their salary which I normally can't even pay 10% of. Much much harder.

I am also finding it very hard to loan for full season. The option isn't even available for me. I have zero full season (or long term for that matter) yet it wont let me loan out for more then 3 months at a time - anyone have any ideas?

Basically my strategy is to put together a decent young core and try to strip down salary to where I am making money and slowly start to build. There is such a huge difference between the bottom teams (getting like 3k people a game) and the top teams (getting like 20k) that I see it will be a large mountain to climb.

Starting to wonder if it will be possible with Walsall as they have a 900k yearly rent on their stadium. At this level a million dollars could be much better spent elsewhere. I am currently like 750k below my board salary cap and I am still not turning a profit. Frustrating.

Looks like I will dig in and plan on not promoting as fast as I have been and it possibly taking a few seasons to fight for promotion now, this means I have to get financially healthy fast.

Archived