[FM 20] / WIP / U-17 World Cup and Qualifiers

Hey there!

Since last year I've been trying to figure out if there's a way that the U-17 World Cup is fully playable in the game.

I know since it's an underaged tournament, SI cannot legally put it in the game as other tournaments, but it'd be cool to have it and see how world football shifts towards regarding U-17 tiers.

Obviously, it'd suppose the qualifiers itselves would be a major issue since we'd have to recreate everything from scratch, unlesss there's an option to copy and paste rules (something I haven't seen before.)

If anything, people interested with this challenge just let me know, or if its really possible to bring this championship into the game 

Best,

3 hours ago, van helmut said:

I have it... as it is possible.... with u19

I guess so. The game doesn't allow me to put U-17 Championships, I'll probably have to restrict it with the advanced editor.

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Where can we download it

It's not downloadable, yet. I'm asking for help because is such a hard task to do with several qualifier rounds and rules everywhere that I need help :/

1 hour ago, van helmut said:

U17 is impossible to set.. I try in every way,

only u19 is allowed

Not really, I'm trying to do the African Qual. and I ran a test with UNAF's tournament. Indeed, there's a max. age you can set for players to be registered at.

I still have to run tests with other African Qual. and maybe, just maybe, Sudamericano since it's easier to code.

2 hours ago, van helmut said:

In my file we have done all u17 comps 

You can set max age.  only... but you can add only u19teams

I'd have to check, then. But I suppose there's a way for us to make U-17 competitions. In Switzerland there are 2 or 3 U-17 leagues or something, surely it can be possible to create U-17 NT qualifiers and the World Cup itself.

Tomorrow I'll check if the db I created works or not.

It is not too complicated. I have activated U17 international competition in FM 2018 with U19 teams with the editor thanks to the age date check - year offset (players item in the competition editor). Then U19 teams will choose only U17 players. The main difficulty is that you have to rebuilt all the U19 competitions as the U19 team will only select U17 players even for U19 competitions. 

Edited by jeje20031

44 minutes ago, jeje20031 said:

It is not too complicated. I have activated U17 international competition in FM 2018 with U19 teams with the editor thanks to the age date check - year offset (players item in the competition editor). Then U19 teams will choose only U17 players. The main difficulty is that you have to rebuilt all the U19 competitions as the U19 team will only select U17 players even for U19 competitions. 

If your the manager u can be like me write down who u have on each team and take u no time

1 hour ago, jeje20031 said:

This is was I was talking about. The age date check is the catalyst for us to work with the U-17 international levels.

I'll do some testing with the U-17 Southamerican if it works or not. Obviously, I'll make sure that no U-20 overlaps with the U-17 ones.

Il y a 3 heures, Fmfan00 a dit :

If your the manager u can be like me write down who u have on each team and take u no time

The problem is for the AI.  The AI still continues to choose U17 players in FM2018 for U19 competitions.

Edited by jeje20031