How to extract maximum value?

First season with Lazio coming into Jan, looks like I'm going to finish in CL places comfortably.

Not got the squad depth to cope with CL, so would consider selling one of my prize assets – Luis Alberto or Sergio Milkinovic-Savic – to bolster the squad.

How can I get the most money for them? Liverpool are interested in SMS – he's valued at £55m and has three years left on his contract. I reckon I could get £100m. I have set this as his asking price – do I need to do any more? I feel like all I ever get are non-negotiable bids that are barely the player's value – and if you reject them, the player goes mad.

As a Liverpool supporter, it still blows my mind to see Luis Alberto referred to as a prize asset. It makes you wonder, how would he have faired if given a fair shout at Anfield? 

As far as your question goes, I'm also curious as to the answer, especially when looking to add depth to a squad, I want to have as much funding available as possible. 

The main things for getting value from sales are high average ratings and trophy wins. Values (and max bids) tend to peak right after a title or cup then drop off not long after.

In the shorter term I think once you've decided to sell do actually offer players to clubs and list rather than waiting for bids - you will attract more clubs and find some are more amenable to negotiation. 

On a side note selling Savic is madness - how often do you get a midfielder the size of a house? :)