Unable to place job ads?

5 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

This shouldn't be a problem. I always place ads for new staff even when I already have someone in the position I'm looking for.

Yes this is the case. So no idea what’s changed that I now can’t place ads?

27 minutes ago, pjbork said:

Yes this is the case. So no idea what’s changed that I now can’t place ads?

Haven't played for a couple of months, so I just loaded up a save to see if this is the case. Appears you can't place an advertisement unless the job role is empty. This is a really poor change. I always like to place adverts to see if I can upgrade on my existing staff. :thdn:

Hopefully this is just a bug that will be fixed and not a design choice.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Hopefully this is just a bug that will be fixed and not a design choice.

IRL it's against the law to advertise for positions that are already filled. So it's by design.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

IRL it's against the law to advertise for positions that are already filled. So it's by design.

Looks like this has been changed in the full game too. Fair enough but given the nature of rolling contracts in FMT, you're never going to be able to place adverts unless you're rid of your existing staff. With a lower league club, this can be a real pain.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Looks like this has been changed in the full game too.

It's been this way since FM10 from memory, if you'd like this changed you can use the wishlist thread or feature request forum to request its changed for FM Touch.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

It's been this way since FM10 from memory, if you'd like this changed you can use the wishlist thread or feature request forum to request its changed for FM Touch.

Cheers.

No, I'm fairly certain you could place adverts while you still had staff in your backroom. Either way, doesn't matter now I guess.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Cheers.

It certainly hasn't. Prior to the latest patch it was possible to advertise with a full complement of staff.  It's a thoroughly unnecessary change which only serves to make life a bit more difficult for those of us who enjoy playing by LLM rules. In effect you are forced to use Staff Search where you can sack a coach and get one appointed almost immediately.  That, however, is not the way in which we want to play.  It's a change which absolutely serves no purpose whatsoever!  It makes the Job Centre virtually redundant.

Incidentally, Lucas, I am not at all certain that you are correct over the law regarding job adverts for filled positions.  The latest info which I have is from 2014 and it was certainly entirely legal to post them at that time.  Whether the law has subsequently been changed I don't know, but I have found nothing to indicate that it has.  I respectfully suggest that you have another look at this one!

In any event, why replace something which might not be completely realistic by forcing people to do something totally unrealistic?  Using the Staff Search is exactly that. It's because it isn't realistic that LLM players don't want to use it, just as we don't use Player Search, which isn't remotely realistic either. You don't sign players whom you have neither scouted nor seen on trial IRL!

Edited by Rupal

• Administrators

It’s true that you’re allowed by law to advertise for positions that are filled if someone is leaving or if it’s as cover (ie. mat/pat leave). 

Player Search is realistic in this day and age however as Scouting packages and software exists for this purpose, which is exactly what Player Search is modelled after. 

In any case not disagreeing with your ideas just explaining how it currently works. As stated if you’d like to see a change to the way the game works please post a feature request so it can be considered for a future version. 

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It’s true that you’re allowed by law to advertise for positions that are filled if someone is leaving or if it’s as cover (ie. mat/pat leave). 

Player Search is realistic in this day and age however as Scouting packages and software exists for this purpose, which is exactly what Player Search is modelled after. 

In any case not disagreeing with your ideas just explaining how it currently works. As stated if you’d like to see a change to the way the game works please post a feature request so it can be considered for a future version. 

Thanks. 

I'm sorry, but that is not what I read.  Nothing was mentioned either about voluntary leaving or pat/mat leave.  A solicitor categorically said that such ads were legal in 2014.

Are you really suggesting that it would be realistic for a club to sign a player whom they had never scouted, nor seen playing in any way, not even on trial?  I  cannot in all seriousness believe that.  But that's exactly what you can do if you use Player Search.

I'm not wanting to see a change in the way the game works.  To put it that way is grossly misleading. I want to know why a change was made for no apparent reason to the way in which the game HAS been working, perfectly satisfactorily, for some length of time. That's completely different!

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Rupal said:

Are you really suggesting that it would be realistic for a club to sign a player whom they had never scouted, nor seen playing in any way, not even on trial?  I  cannot in all seriousness believe that.  But that's exactly what you can do if you use Player Search.

Yes - because it happens. Quite a few infamous cases in the past. 

I don’t know why you’re arguing your point; I’ve explained why it is that way. If you would like to raise something to be changed, use the feature request forum. If you believe it to be a bug, then there is a bugs forum. 

Thanks. 

• Lucas locked this topic