"Detail Level"

In the options in game I see the "Detail Level" page. I've been looking around but can't quite work out what exactly it does.

I understand that the more leagues I run and the more detail I ask for the slower the game will run. Is there any benefit to having more details in leagues outside the country you play?

I've heard in the past that if you run more detail in other countries they will generate better players and teams thus making everything more competitive but I don't know how true that is.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Elfking said:

In the options in game I see the "Detail Level" page. I've been looking around but can't quite work out what exactly it does.

Detail Level means you can watch the matches back if they are set to anything other than None (depending on the stage of the competition you've set this too) 

Doing this generates what we call a PKM ("packed match"), so you're able to watch the highlights, goals and so on. The full match engine, as if you were playing it, or the AI in your league, is used. 

It does not mean that they will generate better players, I think you are confusing this with adding leagues to the game and setting them to active, as opposed to view-only. 

There is no real benefit, except the matches are played out in full, so you are more likely to see other sides in other leagues rise to the top than you would with it set to None.

You can read more about it in the manual here: 

• 11 months later...
On 07/02/2020 at 01:19, Lucas said:

Detail Level means you can watch the matches back if they are set to anything other than None (depending on the stage of the competition you've set this too) 

Doing this generates what we call a PKM ("packed match"), so you're able to watch the highlights, goals and so on. The full match engine, as if you were playing it, or the AI in your league, is used. 

It does not mean that they will generate better players, I think you are confusing this with adding leagues to the game and setting them to active, as opposed to view-only. 

There is no real benefit, except the matches are played out in full, so you are more likely to see other sides in other leagues rise to the top than you would with it set to None.

You can read more about it in the manual here: 

Sorry to drag up this thread again bit it's a question that's puzzled me for years.  

The bit where you say "There is no real benefit, except the matches are played out in full, so you are more likely to see other sides in other leagues rise to the top than you would with it set to None."

What does this mean exactly?  Does changing the detail affect the actual results in any way or does it just allow to you watch back match replays when it is selected to full?

6 minutes ago, tony1977 said:

Sorry to drag up this thread again bit it's a question that's puzzled me for years.  

The bit where you say "There is no real benefit, except the matches are played out in full, so you are more likely to see other sides in other leagues rise to the top than you would with it set to None."

What does this mean exactly?  Does changing the detail affect the actual results in any way or does it just allow to you watch back match replays when it is selected to full?

When a game is “quick sim” which it would be if the league isn’t set to full detail, reputation will play a role in the result. Full sim don’t take rep into the equation just pure results. 

In short, you’ll probably see more diversity in the UEFA league instead of the same teams winning all the time if you had Europe set to full detail.