I need help to set up DOF type save.

Hey guys so I really want to set up a DOF save. 

Allowing my DOF,Chairman,Technical Director,Loan Manager,Head of youth basically to do everything Minus the training and team talk and team selection and tactics for the club. 

I tried to set one up with Newcastle. But found it was me needing to offer players for sale and hit add as transfer target to get a player. 

Basically I set it up for DOF to handle all of it along with scouts to find the players. But nothing was happening. 

I was wondering if any one has any experience in this type of save and could guide me to a proper set up that would achieve my goals above. 

Basically I just want to coach ! and leave it out of my hands to do the best I can with players being sold or bought ? 

• 1 month later...
On 27/01/2020 at 12:33, Gross_Ballon said:

Hey guys so I really want to set up a DOF save. 

Allowing my DOF,Chairman,Technical Director,Loan Manager,Head of youth basically to do everything Minus the training and team talk and team selection and tactics for the club. 

I tried to set one up with Newcastle. But found it was me needing to offer players for sale and hit add as transfer target to get a player. 

Basically I set it up for DOF to handle all of it along with scouts to find the players. But nothing was happening. 

I was wondering if any one has any experience in this type of save and could guide me to a proper set up that would achieve my goals above. 

Basically I just want to coach ! and leave it out of my hands to do the best I can with players being sold or bought ? 

You need to go into Staff/Responsibilities and set those to be staff responsibilities

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stuff is dumb and their advice is dumber. Yet, it's possible to play on almost automatic mode. 

1. Select a working tactic, like 4231 control posession. If you want to be more realistic, hire an assistant whose favorite tactics are the ones that work in the game. Otherwise your assistant may favor catenaccio. 

2. Set basically everything to assistant and your general manager, however :

3. Keep renewing contracts to yourself, this way you will get advice on changing player statuses (i.e. Demote from first team to fringe player). Once the contract is about to run up, just use "DoF negotiate renewal" button. 

4. Keep confirming buys and (optionally) sells to yourself. Don't let DoF buy too many players

5. Scouting seems to be useless. DoF seems to buy players irrespective of who you scout. 

6. DoF buys players for your tactics. I never saw him buying player that does not fit. When DoF makes an offer, he explains how the targeted player is about to be used, such as "operate as inside forward". 

7. To make scouting relevant, you can manually ask DoF to target players who your scouts rate highly. Keep in mind, that because of the bug, DoF can't sign players on trial, he would always fail. 

8. Most important : watch for potentially unhappy players, usually they are unhappy because the assistant does not play them. Assistants are poor at rotating. As soon, as you see someone getting concerned, ask DoF to sell or release them. Sometimes DoF fail to release a player, so you need to release him manually. 

As long, as your tactics are good, it is possible and arguably easy to win this way. 

Edited by nully29