G-14 versus the European Club Association

Ok. I'm going hom for the weekend, so I can't guarentee an update until Sunday night. However, I have got the afternoon off work so I can go back to my flat and pack, and if I get done quickly enough I'll try and get some kind of mini-update up there since I think the last meaningful one was Monday.

I was thinking since there's been little opportunity for screenshots so far that I might do a competitive comparison between the teams. SS's of the compare player screen show off stats of two players at once which is nice for me, and I'm actually curious about how certain positions match up.

Particularly the likes of Alex Jones vs Pablo Gonzalez and Haowan vs Joe king since there's the added bonus of club rivalry there too.

Anyway, as always, ideas and suggestions for future updates welcome. Thanks for the comments and apologies for the slowness of the updating.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, my internet was down last night when I got back. I suspect I was blocked from the router or something so it had better be fixed when i get back from work or I'll be really annoyed.

Anyway... I've written the update, and done the screenshots, so with any luck it'll be up tonight.

Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by riranoman:

Ok, my internet was down last night when I got back. I suspect I was blocked from the router or something so it had better be fixed when i get back from work or I'll be really annoyed.

Anyway... I've written the update, and done the screenshots, so with any luck it'll be up tonight.

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice looking foward to it, if u don't post i'll presume your internet is still not working, not much can be done about that so i suppose you can be let off icon_razz.gif

random-football-website.com: Feature

It’s September the first. The transfer window is over and the business of winning football matches becomes the main focus of football managers across Europe, but did it affect the contest? Have any of our players moved on already, or perhaps negotiated the loan deal that will see them break the first team in months to come? We’ve also got the head to head comparisons of how we think the teams match up player for player and a brief run down of the opening few games that have already been played.

Transfer Centre

Well, the short answers to the questions asked in the short prelude to this article are no. No big moves, no season long loans, no big money contract talks, nothing…at…all. Disappointed? We were too, but it’s not like we can force big clubs to show interest in players that already have as much media attention as they get. Oh well, there are a couple of rumours going around, but nothing to set pulses racing. Sunderland are apparently interested in signing Totti-hating Terry Macko of Roma. Ok, hate may be a little strong, but we are struggling to find anything else to say. Meanwhile Parma, of Serie A fame, are reportedly chasing Silvio Corluka. While last season’s 13th placed club is not a dream destination, a defender can do worse than Serie A to go and learn his trade. Still, the windows closed now, and by the time the next one opens there had better be a lot more rumours than this or the Transfer Centre section may find itself shelved.

Head to Heads

So there were no transfers. Lets try and put the disappointment behind us with some genuine head to head competition. None of this who’s got the most points stuff, we’re having a stat against stat, value against value, wage against wage and yes, even height against height comparison for those of you who are really reall competitive.

GK

First up are our two goalkeepers, Simon Campbell against Gensen Khan. Well, the competition is very even as we see it. There’s very little to separate the two in terms of ability. It could be argued that Campbell is more confident coming of his line and has better aerial ability, but likewise, Khan probably has the edge in distribution from kicking and throwing. They’re both 16, and on the exact same youth contract, though for different clubs obviously. Englishman, Campbell, is slightly taller, but has a slighter build than his German counterpart. Khan just takes the value, with the Bayern keeper valued at £1.6 million as opposed to the £1.2 million of Campbell.

Campbell vs. Khan

CB

Centre backs Silvio Corluka and Phil Plaice are next up and before we even look at our stat sheets we sense a bit of an imbalance in the Croatian’s favour having spent the previous season playing for the first team as opposed to spending it not playing for the youth team like Plaice. So we were surprised when we compared the two and found that the Frenchman could hold his own statistically. In technical stats, Plaice has the advantage in our opinion, he can tackle well, though not as well as Corluka it must be said, and is competent in the air, though again not as good as Corluka. His true strength is his marking and passing game. We wouldn’t be at al surprised if he stepped up into a defensive midfield position in the future… if he ever gets a game that is. The other stats are more balanced, and in physical stats we believe Corluka has the edge, despite being shorter and lesser in build than Plaice. Corluka has good strength and jumping ability, but more than this he has the stamina to keep using them for game after game. In terms of valuation, Plaice is valued at £1million pounds more at £1.6 million, while Corluka has the edge in wages.

Corluka vs. Plaice

FB

Next we have the strangely named English right-back, Bobinho, go head to head with Portuguese left wing-back Panicopcao. In rfw.com’s opinion Bobinho is the better player at the moment. He’s of course two years older, so that’s probably to be expected. Better passer of the ball, better with the ball at his feet, better off the ball, braver and with better concentration there are only a couple of points where Panico’ stands out as a better player. The Portuguese is clearly more balanced and more agile and anyone who’s seen him deliver a set piece in training will have to say that he’s better there. Still, for the moment the ECa hold the advantage here with more than £2million pounds of value more and over 27 times the wage of the G-14 opposition.

Bobinho vs. Panicopcao

Now we have our other wing-backs, James Alexander against David Rosing-Schow. They’re both attack minded defenders. Defensively they are both sound, while in attack they have slightly different styles. One, Alexander, has the stats that suit a crossing and passing game to supplement a winger, while Ronsing-Schow has a right foot more suited to cutting inside and unleashing long range drives rather than crossing. There is little else to separate the two, with both having similar values, though the fact that Rosing-Schow is already making appearances stands him in good stead for the future.

Alexander vs. Rosing-Schow

MF

* We should note that we decided to combine OM and AM categories so that we could compare Inter vs Milan etc because we like a good old fashioned rivalry.

Joo vs Damon Lowe seems a good place to start given that note. The AC Milan man is younger, 5 cm taller, 1kg lighter, £1million more valuable and paid about £1600 less per week. He’s also made an appearance so far this season. In mental stats we have to side with Joo since he matches or betters his Inter rival in just about every category. In the technical areas, the defensive midfielder Lowe is good at the defensive midfield areas, while Joo is obviously better at attacking areas. However, first touch and technique, things that both were expected to be good at, are edged by Damon Lowe. Physically the stats are roughly balanced.

Joo vs. Lowe

Rosicky compared to Li is not only a good club rivalry, but also a good comparison from a positional point of view. Similar in height, age, contract length and wages, Arsenal player Thomas Rosicky has a greater value at £3.2 million compared to Chelsea man Arthur Li who’s valued at £1.7 million. Both excellent passers of the ball as you’d expect from central midfielders, Li favours set piece delivery while Rosicky favour long range drives and precise finishing. Physically, both players rely on pace and acceleration, while Rosicky maintains this with good stamina reserves, Li has more natural fitness.

Rosicky vs. Li

Next we’ll look at Gabbeh Bergkamp of Ajax against Rangers’ Timo McTavish. It’s another case of Defensive against attacking, but without a club rivalry to heat things up about that. Sorry about that guys, but we’ll make do. McTavish is slightly shorter, slightly heavier, and worth about a fifth of Bergkamp’s value Though, he has a couple of u21 caps, and a few club first team appearances to his name. Physically, they’re both as fast as each other with similar jumping and strength. More attack minded Bergkamp has better technical stats in finishing, passing and technique among others, while defender McTavish obviously favours marking, tackling and heading. Honestly, this feels like comparing Claude Makalele to Frank Lampard.

McTavish vs. Bergkamp

Haowan of Barcelona and Joe King of Real Madrid have both a club rivalry and a positional rivalry. At least as far as the competition categories go, since from a playing perspective one is a left winger and the other is an attacking central midfielder. There are some unusual similarities between the two, for instance, they are both valued by their clubs at £4.3million and both have the exact same wage and contract length. Physically, Haowan is a lot taller, but not as heavy and both can accelerate to great pace very quickly. Both are excellent players with the ball at their feet running at defenders, but while king likes to beat his man and deliver a cross, Haowan is better at shooting or passing.

Haowan vs. King

The final midfield comparison is between Bennitto of Sevilla, and Terry Macko of AS Roma. Central midfield to attacking midfield isn’t as much of a stretch as some of the comparisons we’ve had so far. Macko is a couple of inches taller but weighs much less, and is one of the lightest players in the contest coincidentally. Both midfielders are 17 and are on similar wages, though Bennitto is valued slightly higher at £3.4 million, to Macko’s £2.2 million. Physically, there is little to separate them, both are speedy and agile players though Bennitto has the edge in natural fitness. In terms of playing style, the Spaniard has a central midfielder’s high workrate and it more accustomed to passing and technique. Unsuprisingly, Macko is a better finisher, though is proficiency for tackling does take some by surprise. Defenders of the world, you’ve been warned.

Macko vs. Bennitto

ST

Juan King against Hamminiho is the next contest as we move onto the strikers. Both are left footers, the same height and roughly the same weight. In terms of valuation and salary, King wins with his £4.4million being double what Lyon value their player at, and his £1500 salary dwarfing the £60 of Hamminiho. Still, strikers don’t get paid to… well get paid, it’s their skill in front of goal that will set them apart. You’ll be pleased to know that rfw.com couldn’t separate the pair in terms of finishing ability or dribbling, but there is a very clear difference in skill level in other areas. King for example, is far better at heading the ball than his Lyon counterpart, while Hamminiho is a master of taking the ball in his stride with his first touch. Both are very quick to reach top speed, but King is faster when he gets there. Hamminiho makes up for less pace with the strength and stamina to maintain his form over the whole game.

King vs. Hamminiho

The final contest is between youth team hero Alex Jones of Liverpool and reserves to first team yo-yo Pablo Gonzalez of Manchester United. Roughly the same age, roughly the same weight, Pablo is 20cm taller and about £1.5million more expensive. Stats-wise, both players are excellent finishers with their head and with their feet. Jones appears to have a better first touch, while Gonzalez has a greater accuracy from longer ranges. Physically, Jones appears to have the edge for the moment, able to match the Man Utd man for pace but also displaying greater strength and stamina.

Jones vs. Gonzalez

Early Season Appearances…

So the season’s have mostly just begun, but as we here at rfw.com predicted some of our players have broken the first team. Here are the relevant stats for appearances, goals, assists etc for those lucky to make a first team appearance this early.

Appearances.

Timo McTavish – 4 (4) – Three continental starts and one league start, with four sub appearances. Hands up if you’re surprised that Corluka isn’t top of this list. Us too.

Silvio Corluka – 2 – Oh there he is. Two league appearances out of 7 isn’t the best for a guy we thought had broken the first team a long time ago.

Juan King – 2 – La Liga’s only had two games so far. Is this the breakthrough some predicted?

David Rosing-Schow – 1 (1) – Another guy we thought had broken the first team. Still, 2 out of 8 isn’t too bad.

Haowan – 0 (2) – Two sub appearances in the league is good considering the competition for places at Barcelona.

Thomas Rosicky – 1 – Arsenal have only played three games so far because the EPL has such bizarre fixtures apparently.

Joo – 1 – Serie A, like La Liga, has only been going for two games so far and Joo’s started one of them.

Bennitto – 1 – He’s back from his loan and making first team appearances. Promising for the young midfielder.

Alex Jones – 0 (1) – Wow, and early league appearance for the youth team over achiever. Wonders never cease, though a goal could probably of helped him establish himself.

Goals

Only one first team goal so far, and that’s gone for the Valancia striker Juan King in a 2-2 draw with Mallorca. After the ball broke to Estoyanoff in the centre of midfield he found David Villa who put an exquisite ball in to strike partner King. Through on goal, King made no mistake and slotted it calmly into the bottom right corner. Hopefully there’s more to come.

Assists

We have two senior assists for you so far.

First up is Joo, who got an assist after being put clean through on goal by Gourcuff. I know what you’re thinking. It was a clever backheel, or a delicate ball across the goal for a simple tap in. Well, not quite. Actually it was a powerful shot right at the keeper who palmed it into the path of onrushing Ricardo Oliveira for a simple tap in. Still, he’s been tutored by Kaka, so if he laters says he meant it as an assist, we might believe him.

Haowan’s assist was in a 1-0 win for Barcelona against Getafe. After finding himself in the box after some predictably good link up play between him, Henry and Ronaldinho, the ball fell to him after Ustari parried Henry’s early shot. Before much else happened, Haowan was on the ground claiming to be tripped by Pallardo and the ref pointing at the spot. Henry slotted home the penalty, and Haowan got his assist. Getafe were furious.

Other Stats (Top Fives)

Pass Comp.

1. Joo – 97%

2. Bennitto – 82%

3. Thomas Rosicky – 74%

4. Timo Mctavish – 72%

5. Haowan – 69%

Tackles per Game

1. Timo McTavish – 5.1

2. Silvio Corluka – 3.5

3. David Rosing-Schow – 3.05

4. Joo – 1.1

5. –

Dribbles per Game

1. Joo – 4.44

2. Juan King – 2.54

3. Timo McTavish – 0.25

SOT

1. Juan King – 90%

2. Joo – 60%

3. Thomas Rosicky – 40%

Avg. Rating

1. Haowan – 7

2. Joo – 7

3. Silvio Corluka – 6.5

4. David Rosing-Schow – 6.5

5. Timo McTavish – 6.38

Well, you only played one game, you got an assist in said game, and there was only one goal so it's safe to assume it was counted as an assist. Personally, I think bouncing the ball off the keeper to get it to the striker is genius.

Anyway as far as the next update goes, I'm looking at hopefully at Thursday ...I didn't have my computer on before i left work today, so I haven't started holidaying the next few months, but i'll do it overnight tonight/during Thursday.

OK. I meant to have an update ready this weekend, mainly because if I leave it too long I'll loose interest. Anyway, I started writing it last night, and will hopefully complete it tonight.

I've got the Jan Transfer window part done (believe it or not there were actually a couple of moves this time) and the majority of the goals section done. I'm not sure whether I want to include a score in this update since it takes a while to calculate. I'll probably make that an end-of-season thing.

For the rest of the update I'm planning to have a section on:

Assists

Tutors

Player of the Update

Other Stats

Personal Info

The Player of the Update probably depends on how many of my friends are around to help judge and prevent me showing favouritism. Anything else people want this time around? If you guys desperately want a score update I can do it, but it'll probably mean I don't finish the update tonight.

That's all for now as I've got to get some work done. Cheers for the comments and for being patient.

Welcome back football fans. It’s March the second, and time for the long awaited return of our G-14/ECA stars roundup. If you’re wondering why it’s March the second when the update is published, and not the first, then it’s to include Sunday games of the most recent round of fixtures. It also probably means you think too much. It’s been a while since the last update so we’ll have plenty of things to cover for you including goals, assists, appearances, and even a transfer window thrown in for good measure.

Transfer Roundup

Just to keep things confusing, we’ll start with the last thing we mentioned on that list and work backwards. Ok, so it’s the start of March so we’ve had a January transfer window. Now, we here at rfw.com were sick of the complete lack of activity in transfer with regard to the 22 youngsters, so we prayed night and day to the transfer window gods so that we’d have something to put in this section and it seems we got through. We have two transfers to mention, and both involve players who were arguably the first to break the first team of their respective clubs.

Silvio Corluka – 1.4 Million, Zagreb to Anderlecht.

Ok, so it’s only Anderlecht, but then again you could argue that it was only Zagreb before that. Zagreb were performing poorly in the Croatian league, while at Anderlecht there’s a greater chance of winning a few domestic trophies. Here are the rest of the details for anyone that’s interested.

Full Time Contract

Value – £1,400,000

Asking Price – Unknown

Wages – £2,800

Started – 5.1.2009

Ends – 30.6.2012

Bonuses - £700 appearance bonus.

Squad Status – Important First Team Player

David Rosing-Schow – 2.7 Million, Kobenhavn to PSV

Here’s a move that’s interesting in two ways other than simply a player moving up in the world, no offence to Kobenhavn intended. Firstly, it’s a move from an ECA club, to a G-14 representative. Since Rosing-Schow has played a couple of games since the move it’s clear that the manager places the team above the fantasy league competition between the two super groups, and quite right too. The other interesting fact though, is that PSV as a G-14 rep has their own player in the contest, and he’s also a full back, so perhaps we’ll have a point in the future when we have James Alexander on one side and David Rosing-Schow on the other.Time will tell.

Full Time Contract

Value – £2,700,000

Asking Price – Unknown

Wages – £450

Started – 1.1.2009

Ends – 30.6.2011

Bonuses - £110 appearance bonus.

Squad Status – Used in Squad Rotation System

Other Rumours

Well, our dream of competitive full backs at PSV might be put to bed if rumours surrounding James Alexander are anything to go by. It’s been suggested that Sunderland, Wigan, Parma and Racing are interested in the wing-back.

Well, that’s your transfer roundup. No, it’s not amazingly exciting, but it’s better than nothing no?

Can’t Stop Scoring…

Ok, we’re bringing this feature back for several reasons. One, the last time we included it we included non-competitive goals, and since not all of our 22 have made the step up to the first team yet, it’s probably fairer all round to keep it that way for now. Having said that, now all the strikers in the contest have scored at least once for their respective first teams, including both Pablo Gonzalez and Alex Jones. It’s about time we here you say. Anyway, here’s the scorer’s list in the format:

Name – Senior Goals – NC Goals - Total

Alex Jones – 3 – 6 – 9

If you’re thinking, it’s about time that this guy got his chance, then you’re not alone. But before you congratulate the Liverpool manager on finally having the vision to see the quality of his young striker, bear in mind that he’s player for a total of 85 minutes over his three appearances in the league and all of his 3 senior goals were scored in this time. This includes a brace against Fulham in all of 4 minutes to win a game that would otherwise of ended 0-0. He’s also made a couple of European appearances with no goals to show for it.

Juan King – 4 – 11 - 15

1 League goal, 2 Cup goals and 1 goal in Europe. 2 goals were masterfully crafted tap-ins, but the winning cup goal against Recreativo was a beautiful curling effort hit on the volley from the edge of the box. If only we had a goal of the update competition… hmm that’s not a bad idea actually. The remaining goal we mentioned in previous updates. It’s generally looking good for the Valencia man, especially since he’s now 2nd/3rd choice striker after David Villa buggered off to Chelsea for a scandalous £61 million. Oh, and at a youth/reserve level his 11 goals were scored over 8 appearances.

Hamminiho - 0 – 11 - 11

Not really given a chance in the first team and has had a couple of injuries to contend with. Rfw.com thinks it would be better for the young striker to secure a loan or move to a smaller club where he’ll get better opportunities. Though he is only 18

Pablo Gonzalez – 3 – 6 - 9

Keeping well on top of Liverpool rival Jones, Gonzalez has started more league games but has only scored one premier league goal, a tap in after Reading keeper Marcus Hahnemann parried Michael Carrick’s effort to wrap up a 3-0 win for united. Both of his other goals came in FA cup ties, a competition where the striker has made 7 appearances so far. The six NC goals came spread across ten games.

Terry Macko – 0 – 4 – 4

Macko has made no first team appearances for Roma so far this season, and his four goals in non competitive competition have come over 27 games, all starts.

Joo – 0 – 2 – 2

Joo has made a modest amount of appearances for the first team, but has yet to find the net this season in competitive games. He’s made 9 NC appearances, which is where both goals scored came from.

Gabbeh Bergkamp – 1 – 2 – 3

His senior goal was came in a cup tie, a 1-0 win against Sparta Rotterdam. He’s made six appearances for the first team including three times as a late substitute, while his two NC goals were as a result of 9 NC games.

Haowan – 2 – 0 – 2

If you count the Spanish cup as an important competition then Barcelona have Haowan to thank for getting them through two tough ties against Atletico Madrid and Zaragoza. His two goals both came in the competition, one in a 1-0 home win against the Madrid outfit, with the other coming in a victory over Zaragoza by the same score line. He has only made 3 NC appearances which probably accounts for him not registering a goal there.

Joe King – 0 – 1 – 1

Joe King has made only one brief substitute appearance for the first team, so it’s hardly surprising that he has yet to score a senior goal. His one and only NC goal came after playing 8 games at that level. The fact that he’s in the first squad, but falls behind Cassano, Robinho, Robben, Drenthe and Sneijder in the left wing pecking order doesn’t help matters much.

Thomas Rosicky – 0 – 1 - 1

Same scoring record as Joe King, but the difference is that he’s had plenty of opportunity in the first team. Perhaps Wenger sees him more of the playmaker than goal scorer, but chipping in with the odd one or two wouldn’t do him any harm at all.

Bennitto – 0 – 2 – 2

Similar to Rosicky in that he’s been given his chance in the first team, but hasn’t scored as of yet. 2 goals in 6 games at NC level though. Lack of form in recent matches seems to be affecting his confidence.

Timo McTavish – 0 – 1 – 1

McTavish is a defensive midfielder and has far less pressure on him to score goals than there is for him to prevent his team conceding. He’s made plenty of first team appearances despite a personality clash with brief tutor Barry Ferguson, so he must be doing something right.

James Alexander – 0 – 1 – 1

Hasn’t made a first team appearance this season, but has scored for the reserves once. If the midfielder’s in the contest aren’t scoring frequently then a 0-1-1 isn’t too bad for a wing back.

Panicopcao – 0 – 1 – 1

Here’s more of the same from another wingback … see Alexander, James.

David Rosing-Schow – 0 – 1 – 1

He’s made as many first team appearances as he has NC appearances, 2 each. The price paid for moving to a bigger club is your opportunities are more limited, but he’s played well in both his games so there’s promise for the future.

Bobinho – 0 – 3 – 3

Bobinho is another full-back that’s stuck in the reserves for the moment. He has a slightly better scoring record than his rivals though and it’s probably quite difficult to break into a first team squad like the one Juventus have at the moment, especially as a defender.

Clean Sheets…

Well, goalkeepers don’t score a lot of goals, so we thought we’d tag on a section here about how well our two shot stoppers are doing at keeping the ball out of the net, rather than getting it in.

Simon Campbell

Has made two appearance for the first team, keeping a clean sheet in the league (and earning a well deserved MotM award to boot), and conceding one goal in the cup. For the reserves he’s kept 6 clean sheets in 14 games, conceding 9 over the remaining 8.

Gensen Khan

Yet to make a first team appearance so far, Khan has been stuck in the reserves for the moment, though it’s nothing to be ashamed of considering his competition. In 15 NC appearances he’s conceded only 4 goals, keeping 11 clean sheets.

Creative Minds…

Ok, we need to think of a better name for our assists section but for now our creative mind has deserted us so it’ll have to do. Anyway… to business and for those players who don’t have an eye for goal but are great at threading a pass to unlock a tight defence here is the assist list.

Juan King

Not content with being a goal poaching machine, Valencia’s young star has shown he has an eye for a pass should the opportunity arise. Ok, he hasn’t exactly been setting up goals left right and centre, but that’s not his job and two assists for the senior team is good enough in our books. His pinpoint pass to pick out Miguel Angulo in the league was particularly nice.

Pablo Gonzalez

Gonzalez also has two senor assists to his name, though both were shots parried to the feet of another player to tap in, they still count. Both also came in FA cup ties.

Joo

Two seems to be the magic number for assists so far, with the promising AC Milan playmaker also weighing in with that number of senior assists, one in Serie A and another in the Champions League.

Haowan

No prizes for guessing that it’s two assist again. This time both came in the Copa del Rey across the three appearances young Haowan has made in that competition.

Thomas Rosicky

Good news and bad news. The good, if you can call it that, is that he didn’t get two like everyone else so far. The bad news is that he only got one. Still, it was the best assist in terms of quality of the pass, with the young midfielder taking just about the entire opposition team out of the equation and leaving Mutu with a clear run on the keeper.

David Rosing-Schow

Yes, we’ve reached full back’s already so the rest of the midfielders are either not playing, not playing well, or too busy with defending. As we mentioned in the goals section, Rosing-Schow has only played two senior games, but in one of those games he planted a corner firmly on the head of Slobodan Rajkovic who had the good grace to nod it in for the only goal of that particular game.

Well, that’s all the assists for the senior teams so far. No clear playmaker’s have emerged as of yet, but there were some nice passes amongst those few assists that actually happened.

Back to school…

Ok, so this section was called something else before, but it’s our website and we like to mix things up a little and there’s also a reason behind it too. Well, before we get on with the tutor/tutee list, it’s regrettable that we have to inform you of some personality clashes between our pupils and their would-be teachers. It’s heartbreaking we know, but it turns out not everyone gets on with everyone else. So anyway, we decided to rename the section because it turns out certain people aren’t willing to learn all that much.

Well, since we don’t update every single week, one or two tutoring arrangements passed us by because they ended between our features being published. So, we’re going to go back in time and mention the ones we missed.

- Ongoing tutoring

Bobinho is currently learning from new Juventus signing Gael Clichy. He’s a far more suitable tutor for an attacking full back than a highly defensive sweeper eh Mr Ranieri?

Ok, after all that fuss, there’s only one kid actually learning from another senior pro.

- Past Unmentioned Tutors

Bennitto was tutored briefly by Christain Poulsen. It was cut short when he moved to Fiorentina, but not before he had time to teach the youngster how to argue with officials and break up play effectively. We’ll leave you readers to judge which is the more useful talent there.

There were probably a couple more, but our researchers are having trouble finding mention of them in the media archives. You just can’t get the help these days.

- Can’t we all just get along… er … no…

Barry Ferguson and Timo McTavish didn’t get on all that well. Their little learning arrangement lasted all of five minutes. We previously mentioned Totti and Macko not seeing eye to eye, and to add to that it turns out that Pablo Gonzalez also had a brief but unsuccessful stint trying to learn from Louis Saha. Rfw.com can’t blame him for giving up. It’s hard to learn from someone while they’re on the treatment table.

RFW.com’s Player of the Update

Here’s where we select our top performing or favourite player since the last time we had an updated feature for you. It’s a prestigious honour I think everyone will agree. The judging panel this week for those interested in how it was decided upon was, our Chief Editor, our Chief Editor’s good friend and one time room mate, our international correspondent and an ordinary football fan.

The award is based upon, quality of individual contributions to the team, overall average rating, natural ability and if there’s a tie breaker it goes down to coolness of name, or in the case of the two King’s amount of sympathy over how much they got teased at school. Only kidding… now on with the award.

We thought long and hard about this. Joo was the first player we thought of because of his outstanding natural ability. Being tutored by Kaka and plaing a few first team games has clearly given him a boost. Unfortuneatley for him, he was ruled out because of a fairly low avg. rating compared to a couple of other prime candidates and he hasn’t scored for the first team this time around.

Bronze award for Joo was our eventual conclusion.

Simon Campbell was then discussed at length, mainly because our international correspondent has a thing for keepers and wouldn’t let the subject drop. He cited the fact that a 17 year old coming into the first team and playing a full 90 minutes, keeping a clean sheet and winning a man of the match award was impressive. We agreed to give the young shot stopper the silver award partially to keep our international guy happy, but also because he probably deserved it.

Silver award for Simon Campbell

The final player we discussed and, as you probably guessed by now chose as our player of the update, was Juan King. He’s the highest scoring of our four strikers in first team and non-competitive matches. His ability levels are excellent (though it must be said that can be said of all four strikers at this stage) and to top it off he scored a wonderful winning goal in the Recreativo match that is unsurpassed by any other player in this contest, and is a contender for goal of the season outright.

Congratulations, Juan King, first winner of Player of the Update.

We here at rfw.com are sure that it means a lot to him. For the record, the award is based on the opinions of the judging staff and if these opinions don’t match those of the fans or other readers then tough luck - get your own football website.

Other Stats (Top Fives)

Pass Comp.

1. Silvio Corluka – 89%

2. Joo – 87%

3. Bennitto – 84%

4. Gabbeh Bergkamp – 82%

5. Haowan – 81%

Tackles per Game

1. Silvio Corluka – 8

2. Haowan – 4.4

3. Timo McTavish – 3.09

4. Thomas Rosicky – 2.38

5. David Rosing-Schow – 2

Dribbles per Game

1. Joo – 2.63

2. David Rosing-Schow – 2.5

3. Bennitto – 2.44

4. Juan King – 2.17

5. Haowan – 1.53

SOT

1. Juan King – 80%

2. Pablo Gonzalez – 66%

3. Alex Jones – 55%

4. Thomas Rosicky – 54%

5. Timo McTavish 52%

Avg. Rating

1. David Rosing-Schow – 7.5

1. Simon Campbell – 7.5

3. Joe King – 7

3. Arthur Li – 7

5. Silvio Corluka – 6.71

First Team Appearances - Starts (Subs)

Timo McTavish - 19 (13)

Thomas Rosicky - 14 (3)

Haowan - 9 (6)

Bennitto - 12 (2)

Juan King - 10 (2)

Pablo Gonzalez - 7 (5)

Joo - 9 (1)

Silvio Corluka - 7 (0)

Gabbeh Bergkamp - 3 (3)

Alex Jones - 3 (2)

David Rosing-Schow - 2 (0)

Simon Campbell - 2 (0)

Hamminiho - 0 (1)

Arthur Li - 0 (1)

Joe King - 0 (1)

Ok, so there's your update... which was meant to be ready by last Sunday. Sorry about that. My aim will be to get a minimum of 1 update per week from now on, which is a lot less than I first planned to have, but my free time isn't as great as I imagined. Anyway, likely update days are Thursday and Sunday since that's when I have very little else to do. Since this was technically last week's update I'll try and have the end of season 2 update for this weekend.

Enjoy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by riranoman:

Transfer Roundup

David Rosing-Schow – 2.7 Million, Kobenhavn to PSV

Here’s a move that’s interesting in two ways other than simply a player moving up in the world, no offence to Kobenhavn intended. Firstly, it’s a move from an ECA club, to a G-14 representative. Since Rosing-Schow has played a couple of games since the move it’s clear that the manager places the team above the fantasy league competition between the two super groups, and quite right too. The other interesting fact though, is that PSV as a G-14 rep has their own player in the contest, and he’s also a full back, so perhaps we’ll have a point in the future when we have James Alexander on one side and David Rosing-Schow on the other.Time will tell.

Full Time Contract

Value – £2,700,000

Asking Price – Unknown

Wages – £450

Started – 1.1.2009

Ends – 30.6.2011

Bonuses - £110 appearance bonus.

Squad Status – Used in Squad Rotation System

Can’t Stop Scoring…

David Rosing-Schow – 0 – 1 – 1

He’s made as many first team appearances as he has NC appearances, 2 each. The price paid for moving to a bigger club is your opportunities are more limited, but he’s played well in both his games so there’s promise for the future.

Creative Minds…

David Rosing-Schow

Yes, we’ve reached full back’s already so the rest of the midfielders are either not playing, not playing well, or too busy with defending. As we mentioned in the goals section, Rosing-Schow has only played two senior games, but in one of those games he planted a corner firmly on the head of Slobodan Rajkovic who had the good grace to nod it in for the only goal of that particular game.

Other Stats (Top Fives)

Tackles per Game

1. Silvio Corluka – 8

2. Haowan – 4.4

3. Timo McTavish – 3.09

4. Thomas Rosicky – 2.38

5. David Rosing-Schow – 2

Dribbles per Game

1. Joo – 2.63

2. David Rosing-Schow – 2.5

3. Bennitto – 2.44

4. Juan King – 2.17

5. Haowan – 1.53

Avg. Rating

1. David Rosing-Schow – 7.5

1. Simon Campbell – 7.5

3. Joe King – 7

3. Arthur Li – 7

5. Silvio Corluka – 6.71

First Team Appearances - Starts (Subs)

David Rosing-Schow - 2 (0) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's steadily going forward for me icon_biggrin.gif playing a little for PSV and playing very well when I do icon14.gif

I really like this update format so KUTGW icon14.gificon14.gif

Sorry for the lack of update in the last few days, I'm going to try and get some of it done tonight. I'm out most of the weekend, so won't be able to do much on it until Sunday night. I'll probably do the comparison screen shots again, a score update, and obviously goals, assists, appearances etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived