Managing multiple teams in a save

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with using multiple managers in a save. I typically have 4-5 saves each version with me managing various clubs in different leagues that I follow, but was interested in creating 5 managers and having each one manage a team. That way I could kill several birds with one stone. 

Would anyone have any tips for me on what to expect or if I would run into trouble while attempting this?

Thanks

It would be interesting to do, but would take a long time to complete a season.

The only thing I would have to really restrain myself on is helping out a smaller club with a bigger club, but you might want to do that.

As an alternative, you could try to manage all 5 teams in one save in a sort of career progression?

13 minutes ago, Grifty said:

It would be interesting to do, but would take a long time to complete a season.

The only thing I would have to really restrain myself on is helping out a smaller club with a bigger club, but you might want to do that.

As an alternative, you could try to manage all 5 teams in one save in a sort of career progression?

It would take a while to complete a season but no longer than a season would take if I was playing 5 different saves at the same time.  I wouldn’t want to use the same manager for 5 teams because I’m more of a long term player as I never want to leave a club.  

Ah I didn't realise you played all 5 at once. It would probably be quicker in one save then and you wouldn't have to go in between them and if you're enjoying two of the saves a lot more, you wouldn't have to choose.

It's the sort of thing I would like to do, however I get confused between saves I've had on different Football Managers, let alone if I was trying to play as more than 1 club at a time!

actually, now that I think about it, it would be a lot quicker to play as 5 managers in one save. Because instead of waiting to sim from game to game in 5 different files, i'd be doing it in only one.

I used to do this regularly (don't really have that much time any more).  What I found was that it works fine if you stagger when you start each club and you play in leagues that make it very unlikely (or impossible) for you to end up playing yourself.

The reason for staggering the starts is that I always find the initial set-up and getting to know the players is the most time-consuming part of managing a team. After a season, you're generally only tweaking things (tactics, transfers) and can quite easily take on another team in parallel.

It sometimes gets annoying when it switches between managers and you want to concentrate on a set of tasks for one, but it's pretty easy to cope with.