Facilities & infastructure

I'm right in saying that better facilities & junior coaching cost more money to run aren't I? 

Is there a way of knowing how much the maintenance of improvements will cost before you request as if I'm a lower league team I'm worried about running at a loss due to improving facilities.

How do others playing lower league mitigate for this type of thing?

It's a really good question. I haven't ever come across an expected cost before agreeing to upgrade. Which as you suggest shouldn't be the case.  You should be able to see every projected expenditure. I will take a look around and if I see something come back to you.

In the meantime...if you wanted to go ahead and do it. Once you find out how much I normally arrange a host of friendlies to raise capital..or balance the books. 

I like that as a manager you get to nudge the board about facilities, however the final decision should always be theres - as in real life.

Maybe similar to the minor meetings you get about "increasing the budget for physiotherapists", once you're trusted by the board they can offer you the choice of, for example, upgrading a youth level or expanding the stadium? This would vary, depending on club vision - obviously if you are asked to develop youth, you'd go for that one, and be judged on your response.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

I like that as a manager you get to nudge the board about facilities, however the final decision should always be theres - as in real life.

Agree with that but my point is I don't want to be allowed to improve my infrastructure if it means I'm then going to run at a loss and be forced to sell players year in year out out of necessity.