FM09 English B Teams.

Scott_90

Ok well ive made a databse and added B teams to 8 english teams.

Man Utd, Chelsea = League 2

Liverpool, Arsenal = Blue Square Premier

Newcastle, Man City = Blue Square North

Tottenham, Aston Villa = Blue Square South

All of them given a midtable(ish) reputation for thier representive league.

All given 1,000,000 (thats to buy a whole squad)

And the premierlague teams 'reserve' players can play for the club.

Ive created new team: and made them the feeder 'B TEAM' option, with same board, financial help and players move freely.

Have a go, tell me what you think and improvements and such that i could do :).

Did it for my own game but thought may aswell post it incase anyone else stumbles across it and wants to use it.

Download - http://rapidshare.com/files/164804977/FM2009_English_B_Teams.rar.html

I did straight swap for the lowest teams in the leagues they were joining so i hope it doesnt, anyone want to holiday a few seasons? or i will later this week sometime if theres no takers.

LINKS NOW UP.

It dont work on 08 -thats not to say it dont work on 09

you can just add a b team to the actual club and put that in the league, it works fine, its quite good as you can just put players in there if they are unfit or whatever. be careful with the FA Cup though, as players may end up being cup tied after playing for the reserves.

These teams are affilated clubs, classified as B teams and players move freely, as i copied the spanish B teams method but added the same board and financial help features.

anyone want to add it and holiday a season or 2.. im off to bed & then college moro so wont beable to do it for a while :).

you can just add a b team to the actual club and put that in the league, it works fine, its quite good as you can just put players in there if they are unfit or whatever. be careful with the FA Cup though, as players may end up being cup tied after playing for the reserves.

I did this on 08 and it worked, but there was no freedom and i wanted them to be there own club and buy thier own players and such.

It will work I'm sure because those teams are being recognized by the game as normal clubs and this is something I have been screaming for the SI to implement for a long time

PS

Too bad you cant have more than 2 of those team-clubs

It will work I'm sure because those teams are being recognized by the game as normal clubs and this is something I have been screaming for the SI to implement for a long time

PS

Too bad you cant have more than 2 of those team-clubs

Question is - do those teams win promotion at the end of the season or do they remain stuck in the league they start in?

They will get promoted. As you cannot edit promotion/relegation in leagues.

But in real life is Barcelona B allowed to win promotion to La Liga?

I think I'm going to turn clubs from obscure country leagues like Ireland and the Indian super league I created into Fulham's B and C teams as that feels a little more "realistic" than England allowing B and C teams into the football pyramid (realistic relatively speaking, that is).

None but you cant have more then 2 of those clubs (I know I tried it = the game starts but its all buggy)

I don't know about the promotion (haven't finished the season) but I know that you can start a game whit a parent team and it's B club in a same division without crashing

PS

These team-clubs can play in continental competitions so they could win promotion

i have found that teams get promoted, but i have only tried it from the conference north and south, and my reserve side got up to league 2. haven't tried putting reserves in the championship, because i felt it was more unrealistic, even though having reserve sides in the league is unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I set up my team to have a 'B' & 'C' team on game and I'm delighted that it works.

There are a few minor issues though......

Does anyone know how to make you B & C teams play on a sunday, have been able to do this in the past, but cant see anything obvious on the pre-game editor.

Also the managers I've set for these teams keep dishing out fines to my players for poor perfomance - Is there anyway to stop this, other than manage the teams myself?

Archived