why is my game 'Americanised'

As topic says, all the wording in this game is using american termonology like soccer, jerseys. These are the only 2 i can remember but there has been many more words that are not in use by any footballing nation other than america. no one calls it soccer :(

Anyone else got this?

Oh and when i started game it said welcome to wws instead of FM... ??

As topic says, all the wording in this game is using american termonology like soccer, jerseys. These are the only 2 i can remember but there has been many more words that are not in use by any footballing nation other than america. no one calls it soccer :(

Anyone else got this?

Oh and when i started game it said welcome to wws instead of FM... ??

Ah, you've bought Worldwide Soccer Manager rather than Football Manager, which defaults to American English. In the preferences I think you can change the language to English UK.

You should probably let SI know (guess they do now), since although in your case, getting the wrong version didn't really have any consequences, imagine if it was a Polish guy who had somehow received a Portugese copy of the game. Nobody would want that.

Oh yeah, I'm sure this guy is the reason why we get the game 4 days later and the patch for it God knows when.

Yes, actually he is, along with everyone else like him.

Buying our version of the game shows that there's a market over here. - A market that could hurt their profit if we're unhappy. Right now, we'd hardly put a dent in their profit, so who cares if we're unhappy?

Yes, actually he is, along with everyone else like him.

Buying our version of the game shows that there's a market over here. - A market that could hurt their profit if we're unhappy. Right now, we'd hardly put a dent in their profit, so who cares if we're unhappy?

One might think that the fact that WWSM is released 4-6 days after FM would hurt WWSM sales enough. Guess not.

Archived