Career from the ground up - Advised settings?

Hello,

I am a long term FM player with thousand of hours of play but I still have doubts about how to set the save game and about how the game works.

I normally begin in a league with one of the lowest reputation in the world in a not primary country (once India for example) and I would like to do well there, be noticed by some other more important club in some other country and be contracted by them and so on till reaching my preferred club or a top club. Two questions about this:

- the game seems not to help too much with this idea of career, you dont receive that many offers from other clubs even  when you won trophies and it makes no sense. Once I won the  CL with a Romanian club and no other European clubs offered me a contract in 3 years. I had to resign in order to receive offer from a different country. Obviously I had all the leagues active and the game was really slow. This happened in 2018 edition so I dunno about the new one, but was I making an error? Which is the best way to receive contact offers WHILE you are training another team?

- also I like to have the possibility to be called from a club from everywhere in the world. The only way to do this is to keep all the leagues active with consequent stress on the CPU and on the game speed. Is there a way to maintain the possibility to be called but at the same time not stressing the CPU too much? May be the leagues can become active only when you are going to train in that country, is there a setting like this in 2019 edition or do they plan to implement it for people like me sooner or later? It would be fantastic for my careers expectation, I have passed so much time looking at the charging bar... :)

Thanks a lot in advance for the answers.

If you've been so successful that your reputation goes up, you will most likely receive offers from other clubs in your last year of your contract.
Offers still happen earlier than that but, in my experience, not so often.
By that i mean, when you play like you do (and as i do as well) your reputation needs to go up quite, and/or be successful in order to receive offers. Especially offers from bigger clubs.
See if you can get some coaching licenses too, as that seem to help.

I always start playing with the lowest reputation, no licenses and unemployed. With that i have all leagues loaded.
I'm in 2041 now and at my 6th club. Have done all the coaching licenses and just managed to get MVV from the Dutch 2nd tier to the top tier.

It's a slow burn and you need some patience. But clubs do come after you.

• 1 month later...

Winning competitions in a country like India will not see your reputation rise anywhere nearly as quickly as winning competitions in a much bigger footballing country. So not receiving many offers from other countries is realistic.

Also, as Roykela alluded to, the longer on your contract the more it will cost for a club to poach you and therefore the less jobs you will be offered.

Finally, a league has to be active for you to be able to manage in it. You can't manage in a country that is view only or completely inactive.

On 22/06/2019 at 07:22, roykela said:

If you've been so successful that your reputation goes up, you will most likely receive offers from other clubs in your last year of your contract.
Offers still happen earlier than that but, in my experience, not so often.
By that i mean, when you play like you do (and as i do as well) your reputation needs to go up quite, and/or be successful in order to receive offers. Especially offers from bigger clubs.
See if you can get some coaching licenses too, as that seem to help.

I always start playing with the lowest reputation, no licenses and unemployed. With that i have all leagues loaded.
I'm in 2041 now and at my 6th club. Have done all the coaching licenses and just managed to get MVV from the Dutch 2nd tier to the top tier.

It's a slow burn and you need some patience. But clubs do come after you.

you have all leagues loaded?!?! So do you have a supercomputer or are you content with 5 minute days?

It's a nonsense. I took Shrewsbury from League 1 to the Premiership and won everything, every year along the way for the following 10 years. Never offered another job, anywhere. Never even offered the England job (and that I actually applied for) - the FA gave it to Craig Hignett, for reference. So whilst Shrewsbury winning a septuple every year for a decade stretched credulity, so does the Shrewsbury manager not even getting a sniff of a job at another club...

7 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

you have all leagues loaded?!?! So do you have a supercomputer or are you content with 5 minute days?

I've played that way for a long time and with to different computers, so to speak.
First:
i7-3820 @3.60GHz
DDR3 16GB RAM
Now:
i7-9700K
DDR4 16GB RAM.

There's a huge noticable difference between those two, but before i knew the difference it was still good.
Progression from day to day did not take long at all. Just a minute on busy matchdays.
There was a considerable slowdown when transfer window opened and closed. Also on June 30th and December 30th, 31st and January 1st.
But overall it was very smooth and quick.

A hyper supercomputer isn't needed at all. But, obviously, the better the rig, the quicker the progression will go.
I always play one save from Beta to next Beta of the game and i normally end up somewhere between the years 2055-2070.
I'm curious about how my upgraded system and how far that can take me, if i manage to play the same way i've always done before.

5 hours ago, sorrenmills said:

It's a nonsense. I took Shrewsbury from League 1 to the Premiership and won everything, every year along the way for the following 10 years. Never offered another job, anywhere. Never even offered the England job (and that I actually applied for) - the FA gave it to Craig Hignett, for reference. So whilst Shrewsbury winning a septuple every year for a decade stretched credulity, so does the Shrewsbury manager not even getting a sniff of a job at another club...

Keep in mind, something Nobby mentions as well, that the amount of active leagues has an impact as well.
Less leagues, less chances and opportunities.
Only last season i was being poached by Saudi Arabia, Italy, Jamaica, Canada, Australia, Scotland, Finland and a couple more.
Feyenoord and PSV often ask me to come for an interview, if they're without manager. But that has happened if i've been on my last contractual year. There have been exceptions to that.

There might be a reputation issue if you get promoted, playing a small team in lower leagues, "too quickly". Your reputation, as i understand it, kind of drags behind.
And the game doesn't seem to take success into consideration until you have gone over a few reputational thresholds.
Having said that, success does help.

Archived