Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i put the disc in the drive and it wont read it. ive changed the disc and still have the same prob. ive tryed diffrent cds ie fm 08 and music and it works fine. ive updated my cd rom drivers and still wont work. any help anyone

I am still having problems playing FM2009! I can load the game and play until matchday, when on submission of my squad selection it crashes with the following error message:

XML parsing error!

not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of highlights.xml

followed by

not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of speed.xml

Please can anyone help or someone from SI shed some light on this and provide me with a cure?

Cheers!

Right I am at the end of my teather now!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have error -703 every time I try to activate the game online.

Of course you cant actually play the game until you do this which is frustrating to say the least.

It reads on here that error - 703 is simply the server is busy and to keep trying.

Well I have been trying since 10.30 this morning with no success.

What can I do? I got the game from Amazon so dont want to go through the hassle of re packaging it and sending it back off!

What should I do?

I am still having problems playing FM2009! I can load the game and play until matchday, when on submission of my squad selection it crashes with the following error message:

XML parsing error!

not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of highlights.xml

followed by

not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of speed.xml

Please can anyone help or someone from SI shed some light on this and provide me with a cure?

Cheers!

Will I be able to play 9.1 in Tiger ?

Hiya,

Can you ensure the game is not running and then delete the following folders (substituting <your username> with the name of your machine):

Windows XP:

Settings: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\

Cache: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache\

Windows Vista:

Settings: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\

Cache: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache\

Then start up FM again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by franco1703

Ok i firstly had Can't set up graphics downloaded your stuff, then update steam, then downloaded the patch, my drives are up to date (the last update avaliable is 2004). Now i have same problem a clock and a L and then it closes after a while sayng it can run and had to be closed.

I had no problems of any sort with FM2008 with maximum set up (like 20 playable leagues)

My card is a VIA/S3G Unichrome PRO IGP

Now my point is you mad life miserable to hundres of people and u never mantion before that new game requirements were so high.

Just tell me will i be able to run this game or not as I have limited time to bring the game back and get a refund.

THIS IS MY 4th POST and none of you as bothere even aknowledge it CAN I RUN THIS GAME OR NOT ? SO I CAN THEN BRING IT BACK TO THE SHOP , WHAT PART OF THE ENGLISH SENTENCE " THERE IS A LIMITED TIME TO BRING IT BACK" DON't YOU UNDERSTAND ? THIS IS A WONDERFULL WAY OF THANKING A LOYAL FAN WHO BOUGHT THE VERY FIRST " SCUDETTO" WHEN I WAS STILL IN ITALY MORE THEN 10 YEARS AGO AND THE ORIGAL FM ON THE COMMODORE 64 now just teanswer me please

No what I am saying it is just a question of no being rude, unless you just wanna steal people money make them believe the game might run and by the time the answer is no there is no more time to bring the game back.

No does my specification support the game or doesn't and if it does what do I have to do ?

I have looked at this fix for the failed to setup graphics system and downloaded the DirectX SDK product:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

several times as described in the sticky, the problem is when I click on it after downloading it comes up with an error saying please use the packer tool to build this executable, anyone know how to fix this?

Hi,

I'm still having big problems trying to activate the game with Uniloc. My code is correct and i keep being told it's because i'm not connected to the internet. I have then tried to download the two zip files, the first of which game with error -10, the second zip file then wouldn't open when I tried to open the .exe file telling me I need v2.0 of the .net framework.

I have downloaded this, but it won't install once I open it. Any ideas? I have been trying and downloading file on file to try and sort this and still no luck. Is there anyway I could get a phone call at some point to talk me through any solution? As I am fast becoming quite disheartened to keep trying as each time it seems to bring a seperate problem.

My operating system is XP.

Edit - Just tried the 3rd fix zip file and I get the same .net framework error when I try to open the runme.exe file.

Hi all

Quick question...I have just installed the game and it now launches through Steam. Bit confused by all this maddness. does anyone know if the patches will have downloaded automatically or do i have to install the now?

thanks

Bonza yes its pre installed through steam...Ace of Base!!

Up the rovers!

This is my 6th post now on this subject... I just want some help so i can get up and running...

My version of the game crashes after the tactic screen. I don't know why and just want to stop it. I bought the game from GAME and use steam to launch it.

I've been recommended to use windowed mode till the actual error is sorted but its greyed out... I'd like to know how to be able to windowed mode or the game in the normal way

Come on guys - Be fair here. Instead of constantly posting suggesting your question is answered isn't really fair. Yes, we are all frustrated the game isn't working, but your posting of short messages just trying to get people to answer your question first surely can't help and also might push others back that are also waiting for a response.

I got the game on Saturday, I couldn't played the demo, have tried every solution possible all to no avail, and I like you am waiting for a response to get my game to work. So, please be patient like I and others are having to be too.

I keep experiencing the 'failed to load graphics' alert and have tried to install from the thread below however once downloaded am told that this requires packer ?

Can anyone help please I have now had FM09 for 5 days and have still yet to play this

Incidentally I have geforce4mx agp8x graphice by sparkle

Hope someone can help am now desperate !

Thanks, Carl

Hi everyone

I have the following two errors in my install-log, and hav'nt been able to find any answer to them after searching - any help would be really greatfully recieved!

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths

.....and.....

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\movies\license.ogv

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: invalid stored block lengths

Anyone come across these? cheers guys, any help would be great - KUTGW

I have looked at this fix for the failed to setup graphics system and downloaded the DirectX SDK product:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

several times as described in the sticky, the problem is when I click on it after downloading it comes up with an error saying please use the packer tool to build this executable, anyone know how to fix this?

I have exactly the same problem - have you had a resolution yet please ?

Thanks, Carl

Hi there, I am having problems with my installation. I have updated my driver, and I have downloaded and installed the november 2008 direct x update. There was no issue in installation, but when i click to play the game it takes a long time, and then after a while it freezes on a black screen with an L and a loading bar in the corner. it does this every time and i have tried installing and uninstalling several times but its always the same

here is my system and driver information if this helps. hopefully you can see a problem as i have been trying to get it working for days with no luck. thanks very much for your help, regards, michael

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/19/2008, 17:45:39

Machine name: USER-26223EBBE3

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC

System Model: 00000000000000000000000

BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Sempron Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz

Memory: 448MB RAM

Page File: 526MB used, 528MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: The file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which will run slower than the retail version.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP

Manufacturer: VIA/S3G

Chip type: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3108&SUBSYS_D0071631&REV_01

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Default Monitor

Monitor Max Res:

Driver Name: vtdisp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.0214 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 4/6/2005 17:31:26, 3455104 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: vtmini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 4/6/2005 17:31:36, 173696 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71FE6-7248-11CF-5775-0DF0A0C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x1106

Device ID: 0x3108

SubSys ID: 0xD0071631

Revision ID: 0x0001

Revision ID: 0x0001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: n/a

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_D0071631&REV_60

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5780 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 1/28/2005 16:48:58, 2310272 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 26, 25

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 26, 25

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

OK im starting to get p****d off now

Where are the people from SI?

My problem is that Neil Dejyothin told me to download the patch 9.1.0 but I only have the fm 09 demo not the real game.

Mate, have some patience and stop posting various requests for a response. The guy isn't online now so you clearly won't get a response. Like the rest of us, you are going to have to wait. No matter what people are doing they can't always jump to your rescue straight away and solve your problem. They have other things to do and will have lives outside of the game. I have been waiting since Saturday and continue to wait.

Maybe send him a PM and wait.

hey guys, im gettin an "L" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and the game then freezes and says its not responding!! any ideas what i can do? Im on XP and Ive downloaded everything ive seen on these threads. I need help - badly!!!

yeah thats same as me!!

This game is so ****

It took me 4 days to install because it kept saying "duplicate product activation code" even after i deleted the file suggested, which was supposed to fix it, and then when i reinstalled the game several times it finally worked, and then the game started crashing, so i installed the patch, which fixed the problem, but then i got "ERROR: Cannot run game - Failed to set up graphics system", and i need to download a 500mb file to fix this! FORGET IT

Well done SI, worst FM ever :(

luckily i didnt have any problems loading the game up, but the only problem i do have is that when i'm playing the game the mouse cursor keeps flickering on and off but mostly off which is really annoying........do u know of any solution to this problem as i have already downloaded the patch too

I am so GLAD!! i never bought this game, it sounds to me like SI/SEGA have screwed up, since FM 2006 there have been problems with "ARRAY ACCESS OUT OF BOUNDS" and I have read that it is still there in 2009.

The whole steam thing has totally backfired, a good idea but come on guys make sure it works, test it properly on machines that aren't used for developing, wasn't there any BETA testing done on this game?

The whole Champ man to FM thing was great, I went with FM and loved the game, FM 2008 was great until it stopped working with crappy errors that made no sense about loading fixtures etc.

TIP: GET BETTER PROGRAMMERS!!!!!! I know the SI team read these boards and stuff (Marc Duffy) please Marc, dont destroy your game, its a great game, get some propper developers in and fix the bugs!! DONT LETTHE BUGS REMAIN FOR THE NEXT 3 or 4 RELEASES OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your losing customers!

Its not fair to sell someone something that doesn't work properly, even if you didn't know it wasn't going to work, the idea is you should know and you should ensure you have the propper infrastructure in place to handle the projected amount of customers!

Its unfortunate about the DDoS attacks but come on, ARRAY ACCESS OUT OF F*****N BOUNDS thats old school error, FIX IT!!!

Wonder if Eidos still make champ man, might be worth checking that out, or LMA manager that was always a good game, bet their games work

Hiya,

Can you ensure the game is not running and then delete the following folders (substituting <your username> with the name of your machine):

Windows XP:

Settings: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\

Cache: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache\

Windows Vista:

Settings: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\

Cache: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache\

Then start up FM again.

Thanks. I haven't been able to access the settings details to amend as such. Where is this found? So far, i have uninstalled and installed several times to no ovail.

Anyone who is having a problem with their disc not reading, you can activate your disc through Steam. I have activated sccesfully and the game is downloading now. Hopefully i will finally be able to play the game tonight.

I will post again later to let you know if it works ok.

Hi Marc

I have installed the game and cannot play the 3d game at all so turned it off, now everytime I try to play a game I get the following error

Directsounderror-2004287480

the game automaticaly then shuts down. I have a laptop with Vista and have never had any issues with previous incarnations of the game. Like many people I am a long time player and love the game but this is ridiculous (as the 22 pages of posts indicates). PLease can you help??

Thanks

Livew1re I have exactly the same issue and have raised a customer service query for the solution - omg ! I Cant believe this - there must be some massive breach of trading standards with the release of this game....what a complete circus...unbelievable. So many different problems - what a complete mess and there doesnt seem to be anything like enough people to sort them out. I think a new patch is needed asap

My game and demo ran until i loaded the patch now it is @@@@@@ !

To be honest I would rather have paid my £25 for an updated patch for FM2008

This is my 6th post now on this subject... I just want some help so i can get up and running...

My version of the game crashes after the tactic screen. I don't know why and just want to stop it. I bought the game from GAME and use steam to launch it.

I've been recommended to use windowed mode till the actual error is sorted but its greyed out... I'd like to know how to be able to windowed mode or the game in the normal way

I had the same problem's, changed to the windowed mode and most went, but to stop the game crashing before going into a match, you need to turn OFF the 3D match option in "preferences" in game. I'm almost enjoying it now, although it is extremely bug ridden! Hope that helps.

I'm a new poster and after successfully loading, activating FM09, keep clicking on the icon to be greeted with...FM.exe experienced an error and needs to close, before being asked whether I want to send a report to Microsoft!! I am useless with computers and basically just wanted to get up and running with this game. I have installed Microsoft Dot.Net Framework as I was advised this would cure the prob, but it still isn't working, I'm getting more and more frustrated and contemplating returning the game and reverting to FM 08 which I had no probs with. Massive plea for assistance in very basic terms.. Cheers

I went for the option of installing the game in steam mode, which I now regret. It says its going to take 2 days before the game is ready to play and usually tells me that the game isn't available at the moment anyway. When I try to install the game the other way I get this message after its supposedly installed - the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0 15ooo2) Can anyone help? I feel a bit naive for buying the game now after reading of all the problems on here.

Hiya,

Windows XP:

Windows Vista:

Then start up FM again.

I Just want to thank you :) You're my savior! I was going to ask the same thing but for last_saved_game.xml . I couldn't start FM, before i deleted those folders :) Thank you once again.

p.s Sorry for my bad English, Greetings from Bulgaria :) You Did it Again! (Making a successful game)

Probable solution for the problem of 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and had to close. sorry for the inconvenience'

Hi there,

after days with this problem, and hours of debugging this is what i did:

open the 'DirectX Control Panel'

go to the 'Direct 3D 9' tab

check the following 3 options: 'Software only', 'Enumerate Ramp Rasterizer', Enumerate Reference Rasterizer'

click Apply.

run the FM2009.

i use options '--reset_preferences -windowed -small_screen' for running fm.exe and i have installed the latest Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2008).

hope it works for you guys as it worked for me.

regards

theo.

Archived