I have set a philosophy of youngsters in the 1st team squad. Now last year when asked to find players that is exactly the type of footballer the DoF would go for.

So why in FM19 does he suddenly only go for players aged 30+?

In the real World I'd have sacked him for incompetence. Like this, the DoF is a complete waste of time.

The DoF needs a complete overhaul for all features (automatic responsibilities, manual assigned targets or  players to get rid of, suggestions) in both fm touch and fm full fat. It is a great idea and has so much potential but to many unrealistic things or things an AI manager would not do, make it very frustrating to use, while it would be such a great thing to use if implement a little bit better 

IRL the DoF or Sporting Director of most clubs is a major staff member who is probably senior to the manager / chief coach.  I imagine that the manager tells the DoF which players he would like to retain and which players he would like to buy and the DoF handles all necessary negotiations. If this was fully introduced into the game it would probably ruin FM for many of us. I would, however, welcome a revamp of the role within the game so that we would have more confidence in using him to negotiate the acquisition of players and staff and the renewal of their contacts.

Archived