Nation Limit review (Android/IOS)

Keyzer Soze

Hi,

In the android/ios version we have a 3 nation limit when we start a new save.

If we start, for example, with England, Spain and Italy nation, we could choose up to 11 leagues where we could manage.

Altough this is good if we want to manage a team from a lower league and bring them to the primier league, but if we want to make a save where we want to change from club to club, and nation to nation it kinda limits the option with only 3 nation.

So, what i would like is that the limit is not based on the number of nation but on the number of leagues. So lets say that we have a 8 league limit when we start a new save, but those 8 league could be the top leagues from 8 different nation.

Another thing that should be implement is a dynamic limit for those leagues. With so many tablets available, with different specs and capacity, it doesn't make much sence that despite the tablet capacity the nation/league limit is the same. So, better tablets should be able to run more leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 22/03/2019 at 15:59, Keyzer Soze said:

In the android/ios version we have a 3 nation limit when we start a new save.

If we start, for example, with England, Spain and Italy nation, we could choose up to 11 leagues where we could manage.

Altough this is good if we want to manage a team from a lower league and bring them to the primier league, but if we want to make a save where we want to change from club to club, and nation to nation it kinda limits the option with only 3 nation.

So, what i would like is that the limit is not based on the number of nation but on the number of leagues. So lets say that we have a 8 league limit when we start a new save, but those 8 league could be the top leagues from 8 different nation.

Another thing that should be implement is a dynamic limit for those leagues. With so many tablets available, with different specs and capacity, it doesn't make much sence that despite the tablet capacity the nation/league limit is the same. So, better tablets should be able to run more leagues.

If I'm not mistaken (and I've mentioned before), the number of leagues was looked at previously and unfortunately, it's not so straightforward (number of clubs retained, players needed for all those nations, etc). The situation you mention would put FM over the allowed limits for memory reasons. 

The tablet capacity will only be able to use what it's allowed by the operating system, its not like on a PC where you can just use what you want - on a tablet the OS will kill your app, so there is a limit that FMT has to work within if it's going to provide a stable game. 

It's not set for any arbitrary reason other than to provide a stable game. 

• 5 months later...
On 29/05/2019 at 00:52, Lucas said:

If I'm not mistaken (and I've mentioned before), the number of leagues was looked at previously and unfortunately, it's not so straightforward (number of clubs retained, players needed for all those nations, etc). The situation you mention would put FM over the allowed limits for memory reasons. 

The tablet capacity will only be able to use what it's allowed by the operating system, its not like on a PC where you can just use what you want - on a tablet the OS will kill your app, so there is a limit that FMT has to work within if it's going to provide a stable game. 

Is it not possible to exclude certain levels of players, for example if you play as Real Madrid you would never sign a play with a potential rating under X amount, so could you exclude those players and therefore include more higher rated players that may be missing from the game if you only select 3 leagues?

So you might end up with Sporting Gijon (who I tend to play with) only having maybe 2 or 3 players in their squad even though you have select the Spanish league...  just a thought.

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2019 at 00:52, Lucas said:

I'm gonna bump this thread again because of this post. While the second paragraph is actually true, the first one is entirely false, because if you load like 120k players into a FMT save (and you can do this with one league only) the number of clubs retained is gonna be high because you have 120k players. I actually have two or three saves FMT18 that got up to 15/16 seasons with 120k players and no crashes at all on an entry level iPad. I recently updated to iPad Pro and now i have the same 120k players on a FMT20 save and doing just fine on my 6th season and counting. You guys should really look up deep into this.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, João14 said:

I'm gonna bump this thread again because of this post. While the second paragraph is actually true, the first one is entirely false, because if you load like 120k players into a FMT save (and you can do this with one league only) the number of clubs retained is gonna be high because you have 120k players. I actually have two or three saves FMT18 that got up to 15/16 seasons with 120k players and no crashes at all on an entry level iPad. I recently updated to iPad Pro and now i have the same 120k players on a FMT20 save and doing just fine on my 6th season and counting. You guys should really look up deep into this.

We have looked deep into this. We provide the game on a variety of tablets. It is not made just for the iPad Pro. 

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We have looked deep into this. We provide the game on a variety of tablets. It is not made just for the iPad Pro. 

Yeah that's facts, i had a recent twitter thread with someone from the development team, and i still think there's something to improve. iPad base model is not an iPad Pro, and managed a lot more than what you might be expected. I got a couple two or three Android tablet as well I would be delighted to test this out. Your development team could always implement some fall safe if the game consumes too much memory, u can release some resources.

And this is something that can be easily achieved with a ddt file retaining all players and simulating until the game crashes, I'm gonna show it to you until it drains my base Model battery that it dosen't crash. I think you underestimate the good things you've down processing the FMT.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a bug bear for me to. Certain nations have a bigger database of players than others. If say there was a cap of 20,000 players, gamers could de-select lower level leagues to get a playable database under that limit. As mentioned by another poster, if you were playing as Arsenal, you would very unlikely be interested in scouting players from Conference South. 

I think the limit could easily be player specific, rather than just a three country level. I play the game (Touch) on an iPad Pro 12.9” with a decent size memory and have no problems at all.

One of the issues I have, especially when playing a fantasy ‘create a club’ mode, is that some of the players I want could be spread over 4/5 countries and due to their ratings, they don’t show up outside of that particular countries database.

I tried creating a shortlist of players who were viewable in the Italian folder. Created a short list of them (only about 10). Loaded up another game and didn’t select the Italian leagues, loaded up the short list and the players weren’t viewable. Not sure how Joao got additional players in when there is only a 3 country limit as we stand ....

Anyone know the answer? 

I play the FM Touch 2020 version (iOS) on an iPad Pro 12.9” with a stack of memory.

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2020 at 15:10, Musestar said:

I tried creating a shortlist of players who were viewable in the Italian folder. Created a short list of them (only about 10). Loaded up another game and didn’t select the Italian leagues, loaded up the short list and the players weren’t viewable. Not sure how Joao got additional players in when there is only a 3 country limit as we stand ....

Anyone know the answer? 

I play the FM Touch 2020 version (iOS) on an iPad Pro 12.9” with a stack of memory.

using a DDT file and loading it up on a PC

13 minutes ago, João14 said:

using a DDT file and loading it up on a PC

Sorry mate, excuse my ignorance but what is a DDT file? Would this be possible to do for iOS version? Thinking of how to do that, as I really would like 4/5 players extra but can’t due to the three country limit. 

I only have the iPad (iOS version) of the game but can get Steam up into-game’ on my iPad when WiFi is on.

Link up for the DDT files would be great, thanks 

32 minutes ago, João14 said:

@Musestar Yes. Create the game on the PC (Steam) version and use cross-sync to load up on the iPad. The ddt files I can link you up.

Cheers

Probably easier if I explain what I am trying to do. I play the ‘create a club’ mode on iOS (Touch) with a club called Malta, where I only select players who are either Maltese or have Malta as a second nation and could play for them. Most I get from either England, Oz or Italy. However, there are a couple of good Maltese players in other leagues but with the 3 nation rule, I can’t select them all. 

There is one from Portugal (Zach Muscat). One from Spain (Oscar Borg). One from Ireland (Jacob Borg). One from Belgium (Leo Agius) and finally one from Argentina (Emiliano Tabone). 

I am trying to think of a way, perhaps by several short list saves? Where I can select the 3 nations as specified, then select the others from the DDT file (or 2) that you mentioned? 

Do you think this would be doable? Could you create me a DDT file with these guys on it? 
I actually wanted some Maltese players from their leagues too but they don’t appear on any IOS Touch database (bar a few) which is a shame.

Edited by Musestar
Amendment

On 05/03/2020 at 19:35, João14 said:

@Musestar Yes. Create the game on the PC (Steam) version and use cross-sync to load up on the iPad. The ddt files I can link you up.

Cheers

João14 

Hi there, is this possible if I only have the iOS version of Touch? I don’t have the Steam PC version. 

Thanks 

• 1 year later...