13 suggestions (mostly editor, but also some for the game)

rjohansen

Here is a couple of suggestions, most for the editor, but some for the game itself:

1. Ability to add more (no limit perhaps) Reserve/U-teams for a club. For instance trying to recreate a lower division in Norway, some teams have way more than one reserve team, and will still have U19 team at the same time. I work around that by creating a seperate team  though and using the affiliate solution. But would be great if it was possible to add more in the same club.
  2. Ability to in the editor, add U16 teams and create a league for that - no need to be included by default though. But would be nice to have the opportunity. 
    1. Nevertheless - U17 championships (UEFA/FIFA) could still be included in the game. Could fill up some nations with grey players, but playable nations will have enough players to fill squads here anyway. 
  3. Stadiums: More options. Many teams in the lower leagues don't have stands for instance. Some don't even have lights. (Depending on how low). Perhaps a few options on what the surrounding area should then look like: urban, rural etc. Perhaps even visible (generated) in the editor. Some have stands on just one side, perhaps only a small stand that don't fill the entire side.
  4. An option to generate "regen" faces for "blank" ones (ie. those that don't have images) - doesn't matter if they don't resemble the real person, would just be fun having the option.
  5. In the match view - the logos should be bigger, especially at the end of the match review for instance. Or during the game. Also, where is attendance? This should be clearly visible. 
  6. An option to disable fake crests. I worked it out, but this should be easier and should be as easy as doing it with settings. The game was just unplayable for me before doing so. 
  7. In the editor when creating a club, being (easier) able to create an "immigrant" club or similar. Perhaps not only limited to one nation, but being able to select several. 
  8. In the editor: Being able to edit the name pool - I remember (perhaps way back in the days) it was possible before. 97/98 or something. But it was possible. 
  9. In the editor: Add regions - can't understand why it is not there. I can understand that you cannot create nations, but regions should be possible to create.
  10. Regions, Cities, Nations:
    1. Being able to set what type of regens (dual nationalities, language) will be created. I would for instance love to see "sami language" included. And then sami surnames would be better generated for clubs in that region.
  11. In the editor: Being able to select more colums, like club long name, club short name, club nickname etc. I was able to do this with the use of an XML in an earlier version. But haven't figured out how to do it now. If it at all is possible. 
  12. In the editor: Being easier to create dynamic relegations for regional leagues. 
  13. In the editor: This might be a big one... But being able to import csv to the data. Could and should perhaps be a template for each different type of item: Clubs, Awards, Cities, Competitions, People etc. And when importing, having the option to overwrite something that is identical, create new for new items etc. 

To be honest, everything that would make the editor more complex and flexible would be a godsend. Especially some kind of system that would prevent file's data from crashing (players, leagues, clubs) and ability so simply port and overwrite between the games would probably make the modding community expand and wouldn't push away creators like claassen (who f.e. had to create whole clubs and league systems for most of the African countries which took him a long time - if he could just port it the only changes he would have to do would be to update the league).

I understand that SI has some legal and financial limitations and deadlines they have to meet, but the solution for much much deeper game lies in the modding - just give us the community the right tools and every idea eventually can be realized.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...