save files not showing in game

kpw

I had a successful save game going before christmas, but after taking a couple of weeks away i have encountered a problem.  When i started the game, none of my save files were showing, i went into the directory and the files are still there but they just don't show up in game.  I created a new save and that was placed in the same directory as my existing save files but in game this new save is the only one that is available for me to load.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? does anybody have any suggestions of how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

i have been unable to load the save files in game still, and now the one file i was able to recover and the new save i created to test have disappeared.  the files still exist on the hard drive but aren't showing in the game for me to load.

yeah, tried those.  i don't have any controllers plugged in but went through the steps anyway in case another device was being wrongfully identified as one.  i've tried adding .fm to the end of the files once, twice, three times etc but still nothing

• 2 years later...

Sorry may be i am a bit outdated to reply this post but i really do enjoy my time with FM2019. I did experience the same problem whereas my saved games are not showing in the load save game files. I have, however, checked that the files are still exist. The game simply won't recognise the .fm files even i try to locate them. Please help as this is a frustrating experience, given the time i devoted into this game and my team. I tried to rename the files but it wont work. When i try to duplicate the saved files, a file with minimum size is produced. Grateful if you can let me know any solutions. Thanks!

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

Just to check, have you made sure it's looking for local files and not cloud saves?

hi bro, you are genius! it turned out the saves are preserved somewhere in icloud. i figured the saves in icloud were not synchronised with the local files. the local files, while 'appear" to have a file size, they seem to be "not exist", it's likely that they lost the pathway to icloud and hence the situation. i am able to download the saves back from icloud and resume my games.

thanks for the advice!!

• 2 years later...