Players' Key Attributes

It is a standard knowledge that on player's screen there are key and support attributes that are highlighted for a specific roles and duties.

However as I came accross different players who emphasize other attributes (that are not key highlighted) even more for example determination, work rate, natural fitness...

So I was wondering if someone who came accross such a guide can share it or direct to it. Would be much appreciated.

• SI Staff

These key/preferred attributes were all reworked and rebalanced for FM19:

1.  Natural Fitness - This doesn't effect ME performance, it's more injury/recovery and age deterioration related.
  2. Determination - We decided that since this is beneficial for literally any kind of player, that it'd be best not to highlight it for any role rather than for every single one.
  3. Work Rate - Similar to determination really, but we only highlighted this when it is particularly necessary for that role. It's still useful for any player really.

The highlighted attributes are to give you more of a guide than anything, high attributes in non-recommended areas can still be beneficial. But if a player is low in several key/preferred attributes then that could be an area of concern that you may want to focus them on improving in training.

52 minutes ago, Chief Scout said:

It is a standard knowledge that on player's screen there are key and support attributes that are highlighted for a specific roles and duties.

However as I came accross different players who emphasize other attributes (that are not key highlighted) even more for example determination, work rate, natural fitness...

So I was wondering if someone who came accross such a guide can share it or direct to it. Would be much appreciated.

Those attributes aren't part of most roles directly, but they're very important. Include teamwork there and it's a pack of attributes you should pay serious attention to.

54 minutes ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

Those attributes aren't part of most roles directly, but they're very important. Include teamwork there and it's a pack of attributes you should pay serious attention to.

With Teamwork, it depends. If I have Ronaldo in my team and the other 10 are all below par players, I would WANT him to be more selfish. It's not always a bad thing!

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

With Teamwork, it depends. If I have Ronaldo in my team and the other 10 are all below par players, I would WANT him to be more selfish. It's not always a bad thing!

Well, it probably depends on your tactics and the way you play. I prefer teamwork, discipline ("be more disciplined" is always on) and 11 average players with good teamwork than one Neymar. :)

Archived