FMm 19 not fully compatible with IPhone X ?

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, FranxFMM19 said:

The game doesn’t fill the iPhone X screen, it has black bar on the side screen, and everything looks too small, It needs an update to fix the problem ASAP

5874CF5E-499A-437B-853F-38CA26A0FBFC.png

This is not normal for the iPhone X. Do you have any unusual display or zoom settings? Could you try a reboot and reinstall (back up your saves to the cloud first).

• SI Staff

Ah yes - the XR we know about. As this device was out just over a week ago and there are approval timescales it would be unrealistic to expect it any better for release!

We are working on it but a totally new size skin does take a short while.

2 hours ago, FranxFMM19 said:

Hi there, when the next update?

I'd also like to know this. I'm not sure where the challenge lies since almost all apps and games with X support worked perfectly on the XR on day one, and the few that didn't were fixed within a day or two. I'll be refunding my purchase and rebuying if/when this ever gets fixed.

• SI Staff
On 09/11/2018 at 17:14, Simia Dei said:

I'd also like to know this. I'm not sure where the challenge lies since almost all apps and games with X support worked perfectly on the XR on day one, and the few that didn't were fixed within a day or two. I'll be refunding my purchase and rebuying if/when this ever gets fixed.

The next update is likely to appear in the next week or so, all being well - after that we will continue supporting the game to the best of our ability and release sporadic updates throughout its lifespan as usual.

With regards to specific device/resolution support - Some games have things easier than others when it comes to supporting new devices with exotic layouts/sizes/whatever.

FMM is a heavily text based game so while we could (cough) support any resolution very quickly by stretching/scaling things up to fit the screen you'd find it would be horrible to play because the text would be misshaped which would probably hurt your eyes fairly quickly (the human brain expects certain proportions to their character sets).

As such when we support new devices we either scale proportionately (which is why a screen might not be full) or make an entirely new custom skin for a device. When we make new skins this can take a little while to do as we've a small team and first and foremost we want to iron out any bugs or glitches in the product which might affect peoples enjoyment of the game from a logic perspective, please bear with us - we'll obviously do such things as quickly as possible, but no promises with regards to a timeline as I wouldn't want to disappoint you.

Downloaded the game this morning on my XR and I also have this problem. Hopefully it gets sorted sooner rather than later as it is hard to play with the current skin that’s available. Is there any rough date that it will be fixed on the XR by? Or at least a rough estimate, got a few challenges lined up and I want to get going! 😔

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Answered this in the other thread already but just to be sure...

We believe the issue occurs when Display is set to 'Zoomed' view in the Display & Brightness settings. Setting this to 'Standard' should resolve the issue temporarily. We're investigating the display issues when zoomed view is being used as a priority.

Archived