[FM19] ITCH (International Team Competition Histories)

After a year-long hiatus, ITCH has returned in time for the full release of Football Manager 2019. This might just be for you if you love managing in international football, or even if you merely like having accurate national team histories.

This file gives every national team in FM19 complete histories from various tournaments. With the help of Wikipedia and RSSSF, I have added data for all the qualifying and final stages of World Cups and continental championships, plus other in-game competitions such as the Confederations Cup. My update is designed to be as CORRECT, COMPLETE, and CONSISTENT as possible.

I have completely erased all national team histories from the database and inserted my own data for every country from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. This means that my file will be compatible with the original FM19 database, as well as any future updated databases.

I created ITCH after becoming appalled at the standard of national team history data in the original database. While the histories for some countries like England were fairly accurate, the histories for other countries like Spain were badly lacking, while many did not have any history at all. For example, some nations that had previously qualified for World Cups were not listed as having done so. This update rectifies such errors and omissions.

I hope you enjoy using this file as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Before I go, I would like to quickly thank @magicmastermind124, without whose help the creation of this database would have taken much longer than it did.

DOWNLOAD FROM STEAM WORKSHOP (Current Version - 3.1)

If you need help with downloading from Steam Workshop, I would recommend that you watch this video. (I'm aware that the video was created for FM18, but it should still be relevant for FM19.)

SAMPLE IMAGES

United States

Chile

France

Ivory Coast

Syria

Papua New Guinea

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q. How many changes have you made to the database?

A. Over 45,000 in total.

Q. Why is there no data for the Olympic Games?

A. The Olympic Games is not a senior international tournament, meaning that national team histories will not be updated with results from future Olympic Games that take place in the game. The same is true of other age-group tournaments such as the U20 World Cup. Only a small number of national teams had histories for such tournaments, and I decided to remove those histories because adding complete data for all nations would be time-consuming and pointless.

Q. Why is there no data for 'Competition X'?

A. Due to time constraints, I could not include historic data for some minor international tournaments in this release. I will try to include more competitions in future.

Q. Will this be compatible with other files?

A. I am confident that this file will be compatible with all other files that DO NOT also edit national team data.

Q. I've noticed a mistake or a discrepancy in your file. What should I do?

A. You can either leave a reply in this thread or contact me via PM. If I have made any errors, I will look to rectify them and bring out a new version in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Frozen1 said:

Why no direct download like FM 18?

I find Steam Workshop to be more convenient when it comes to installing mods. I can make the file available for direct download IF there is enough demand for it.

1 minute ago, CrowBar said:

Great work. Much appreciated, even if people don't write here about it. 

Thank you. I've also been working on a similar file that adds European competition histories, but there are some serious problems with the editor that are affecting that.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Unfortunately, I've decided to skip FM20, but I might try to find a way to get a new version of this file out.

I see. Well, considering most of the data in the FM19 version is still relevant for FM20, might still work. I reckon? Gonna try and import the data myself in the editor first.