***FMS 2018 Awards*** Live from The Jose Mourinho Centre for Relationship Counselling

mark wilson27

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mark wilson27 said:

Now its time for the penultimate story award of the night as we find out who wins the FMS English Story of the Year.

The nominees are:

House Of Flying Daggers (CFuller) 
The Premier League Reimagined: It's a Whole New Ball Game (King Jeff) 
Back in Britain - Part III of the Owain Williams saga (EvilDave) 

This one was absolutely savage to try and pick one from......

1 minute ago, neilhoskins77 said:

Congrats Chris. A superb labour of love story that was easily one of the highlights of the FM Stories board this year.

I couldn't get around to reading all of the stories from this past year so I decided to cherry pick larger ones from the same author while I was getting to grips with the forum. But I am glad this one has got recognition because now I will make a bee-line to it next week. Keep up the good work CFuller!  

The Winner is House Of Flying Daggers (CFuller)

Congratulations Chris well deserved

Cleaning up tonight CFuller........

......no, seriously, we all nominated you while you were rambling on about a 16 year old centre back. Black bags are behind the bar

1 minute ago, Rien102 said:

here too...  hope this center offer mariage counseling too!

We do. Let the b**** leave.

Help her pack and call her a taxi if it speeds things up......

I often wonder why I'm single.......

Oh, ahem, er...

I honestly wasn't expecting to win this award, especially as we also had one of the great FMS trilogies and one of the most unique stories amongst the nominees. Still, it's interesting to see the 2017 Story of the Year get even more recognition.

2 minutes ago, Rien102 said:

here too...  hope this center offer mariage counseling too!

I've no use for that. :) :(

2 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

......no, seriously, we all nominated you while you were rambling on about a 16 year old centre back. Black bags are behind the bar

To be fair, Gary Bannon really could be the next George Darvill. You heard it here first.

BILLY KHAN: "I'm a newcomer to FMS! Am I up for this?"

No.

To be honest, because of the pitiful number of votes and the FMS Awards regulations, I already know who has won this. Or at least I think I do.

Edited by CFuller

Our next award is the one award you can only be nominated for once and can only win once. That award is for the FMS Newcomer of the Year

I'm bitter about this award. The year I was eligible was the year the awards got cancelled......

I'll get over it.......

I won't. I was robbed!

I'm bitter about this award. The year I was eligible was the year the awards got cancelled......

I'll get over it.......

I won't. I was robbed!

My first story was first published in 2014, so I feel your pain.

Congratulations, @Rien102!

Edited by CFuller

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

The winner of the Newcomer of the Year is Rien102 who has come in with two excellent stories and I for one will be looking forward to more

Congrats newbie! :D

You know what they say, it's always harder to keep it going in the second season. Everyone knows what you're all about. There's no element of surprise.......

.......honestly, I'm over it!

Before we go to the major awards its time to go to the FMS Hall of Fame.

This year we had mark wilson27, Terk and Faramir all fighting for the chance to get into the Writers Hall of Fame

The Story Hall of Fame had American Calcio, Sharpening a Rusty Blade and Scottish Reprise - Return to East Stirling all waiting too see if they would be the second story to get inducted

BILLY KHAN: "Hey, hey, wait up! WTF happened to the Best Story Idea award? SLINE would have won that all day long, bruv!

"I can bet you all day long that nobody ever put so much music in an FMS story before! And they were all my fave jams! Foals, Band of Horses, Modest Mouse... alright, I'm actually more into Stormzy and Skepta, but... it was well sick, bruv!

"I guess José don't like innovation. To be fair, he's basically been doing the same thing since 2003 anyway. A bit like our saviour Arsène, then."

2 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

Sorry for the delay kids both crying had to do my dad duties

Meanwhile, I've got to keep a close eye on a couple of ginger felines in case they try to replicate WrestleMania.

Moral of the story: never work with children or animals.

BILLY KHAN: "So the FMSer of the Year is the United fan who ain't from Manchester? Figures. Might as well have given it to seventwowinner or whatever that old Yank geezer is called."

I think you'll find the word you're looking for is "curmudgeon".

Congrats once again, Mark. About time you won an award, isn't it? ;)

And the winner of The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder’s Award (FMS'er of the Year) is

mark wilson27

Are you serious?! That no good bum just disappeared for ten minutes to look after his kids!! Clearly no loyalty to this forum!!

I only voted for him cos his name was easy to spell!

Just now, neilhoskins77 said:

So's mine, to be fair. It's just my initial and my surname.

I mean, how the heck are you even supposed to spell that new Canadian fella's name? Rain? Rein? Roon? It's nothing to do with Wayne Rooney, is it?

Are you serious?! That no good bum just disappeared for ten minutes to look after his kids!! Clearly no loyalty to this forum!!

Cheers for that :brock:

il y a 1 minute, CFuller a dit :

I mean, how the heck are you even supposed to spell that new Canadian fella's name? Rain? Rein? Roon? It's nothing to do with Wayne Rooney, is it? 

It's canadian master plan to dominate the world you brit!  While you struggle to simply speak the name outloud, I can move onto a better position! :ackter: