[FM18] Not Another Journeyman Story

Constantine

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

How many "old" players are stuck in the under 21's and good young players on loan?

Everytime I take over an Italian club with a wage problem my starting 11 usually comes from the under 21's on loan.

Nothing there, really...

92e4f60eb47c5a7ff617f0aff81803b7.png

fa8e225f03bca260abc3c350f6456e21.png

Out of all those, perhaps Alessio Riccardi, Fabio Scano and Niccolo Anastasi would get on our bench as third choices, even in a dire situation we're in. They're that good. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transfers // Update

OUT
5e75fd165cbc36a303f9bc315aa55374.png

Two out of our top 5 earners has left the club. We've got peanuts for them but we would lose them for nothing come july. Happy to get their wages off wb 6 months earlier. Didn't want to sell Anastasi, he's homegrown striker, decent one, but his loan had built in clause that activated as he played his 10th match for Sampa. Nothing i could do.    

IN

636c1a1b84884084b9247f29fc65a341.png

Those were two longest months of my career so far. Had to juggle Seria A matches while fighting injuries and suspensions. That is a nightmare when you have 15 players in your squad. During that, i've scouted... Well, more players than i had since my beginnings in England. Monchi was hard at work but in the end, i think we did a good job with so little money we've had. 13 new players. At least, we now has some depth :D   
Milos Cancarevic - Fantastic looking young midfielder. Sadly, he can't play for us until new season start, since he played cup games for Novi Pazar and then went on loan to Vojvodina, where he was till january. 
Dionisio Pires - He'll not set the world on fire but it is much needed improvement on left back position. Kid we had on loan from Benfica was awful. 
Etien Perger - Young Slovenian, 17 yrs old, already featuring in u21 national team. Since we had no CB's except Jesus, this was no brainer. He can only get better. 
Ivica Ducic - I've been planing to sign him for Arsenal but didn't really need him at the time. 
Rivaldo Vitor - One of Monchi's propositions. Usually i don't sign players with such low-ish mental attributes but we desperately needed cover on the wings. 
Absalao Mane - His contract was running out, wanted out of club hence that low fee. No nonsense central defender, planned for first XI but picked up injury last match. 
Claudio Gomes - Could've got him on Bosman but couldn't wait that long. 1mill upfront, with 3 more over a course of 3 years. 
Steven Gonzalez - I was surprised when he chosed us over PSG and Liverpool. Our own first wonderkid! 
Mamady Sylla - Rotation option for Florenzi
Afonso Alves - Hopefully, i didn't sign the next Quaresma. Looking really good for his age.
Sami Francois - Cover for CD position. 
Ludovic Rio - Pires's backup. 
Elliot - Needed another option for attack positions, didn't have any money left, panicked and got him. Monchi's recommendation, former Real Madrid kid, can't be that bad. 

I followed your lead and joined AS Roma in my save.(March 2047, 7th Serie A) Not in as dire straits as your team but ONLY one CD in the first team! and 27 players in the Under 20's on loan. Have to do some real work in the transfer window to get team on sound footing but two of the bigger wages will be off the books at season's end. (about 32 million/year savings)

You went really young in your signings...

20 hours ago, adamdfry said:

Good luck with the challenge at Roma, looks like some great deals have already been done.

Thanks man. Some decent young players here, have high hopes for few of them. 

15 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I followed your lead and joined AS Roma in my save.(March 2047, 7th Serie A) Not in as dire straits as your team but ONLY one CD in the first team! and 27 players in the Under 20's on loan. Have to do some real work in the transfer window to get team on sound footing but two of the bigger wages will be off the books at season's end. (about 32 million/year savings)

You went really young in your signings...

Didn't really had options, more experienced players wanted more wages and were demanding of higher transfer fee. 

We're fielding really young first XI. And it shows. We're consistently inconsistent, it's driving me mad. Playing some nice football, but we can't finish our chances or defend properly to save our lives.  We would play amazing v really strong Milan side, then lose at home to Perugia. It's driving me crazy. Hopefully all this improves as team gel and mature a bit. 

And what's the situation in Italy in your save? Juve still dominating or...?

In my save Inter and Juventus dominate. Inter won Serie A with 91 points! Juventus came in second with 85. I took over in March in 7th and finished in 3rd. There's about 8 teams that are about equal, fighting for the four remaining continental places. My #1 striker and Team Captain/Leader had his head turned by PSG! I convinced him to stay... but need to win Champions League! He is only reason Roma finished in Top 3 and Quarters of Champions League. (38 Goals, 20 in league)

Are you considering using Trequarista role with Roma? I'm trying it out because of Tradition. That was Totti's role.

710e19440fcc784f429346f47e4de78f.png

A.S. ROMA

2024./25.

Serie A TIM - The most frustrating season of my career. So many missed chances, so many leads lost...  
TIM Cup - Yeah, that was utterly embarassing. Fielded a full strenght side at that match, were leading at half time and... Don't know what happened.      
Squad - Lot of work is in front of us. Got some decent youngsters, dependable keeper in Becker and Florenzi. That's it. We need to keep improving.       
Transfers - I don't think window this mad will happen again.
Finances - Secure... Let's keep it that way.     
Key players: 
Lorenzo Pellegrini - He had his highs, had his lows. Drove me mad with small injuries but he's still the best we have.        
Afonso Alves - Started at the bench but since De Arrascaeta and Ercoli played like crap, i gave Alves a chance to impress and never looked back.       
Ivica Ducic - For his debut season, not bad.      

CAREER SUMMARY

Season    Club             Country  League                      Position   Achievements
2017./18. Hartlepool Utd   ENG      Vanarama National League       6.           /
2018./19. Hartlepool Utd   ENG      Vanarama National League       1.      FA Trophy
2019./20. Hartlepool Utd   ENG      Sky Bet League 2               1.           /
2020./21. Brighton         ENG      Sky Bet Championship           1.           /
2021./22. Arsenal          ENG      Premier League                 4.           /
2022./23. Arsenal          ENG      Premier League                 2.       FA Cup, CL
2023./24. Arsenal          ENG      Premier League                 1.     SC, CWC, FA Cup, CC, CL
2024./25. A.S. Roma        ITA      Serie A TIM                   13.           /

Goals for the upcoming season 
I'm considering switching from my usual 442 to flat 433. Inter has won their third title in a row using that formation. In our match, they absolutely spanked me. Them and Bologna, which demolished us in last round. We have players for that, won't have to change that much. I'm still undecided...
As for competitions, it would be nice to get back in Europe. Top 6 and nice cup run. Be happy with that. 

Wow, the thought of Tuminello along with (assuming he hasn't been sold) Pinamonti at Inter is scary, it's a shame that circumstances mean you couldn't keep him.

I'm sure next season will be much better and you'll soon be back competing for Europe, where Roma belong.

2 hours ago, Constantine said:

Inter's strike force is really, really scary. Pinamonti, Tuminello, Domenico Berardi and this guy, with couple more kids who would easily get into my first team. Spalletti did amazing job with them. 

Wow, Italy must have an Argentina-esque issue when deciding who plays up front for the national team, especially when you consider Pellegri is around as well!

Transfer Window

OUT

3103db8c6f913ae36bdfd38acf28b77e.png

Cleared out rest of the deadwood and sent out kids i don't have in plans on loan. Basically, same story, different day. Well, cleared out most of the deadwood. Didn't have a heart to release Florenzi and kept him as backup and tutor.     

IN

f99fc8eaf57238868ab5d26fc3b636f0.png

Squad overhaul is almost complete. We would be much stronger had we signed Bertolini, who was transfer listed for 20mill but once United got into race, price skyrocketed and we had no chance of getting him. 
Nevermind, we've got some really exciting players in. Robbed Barca for two gems. Let's see them.         
Danny D'Amico - Decent rotational option. Him being Italian and hg is a bonus.      
Azzedine Hammar - This one was arranged before i took over.    
Nikola Milenkovic - Completed our CD lineup with this big guy.  
Josh Phillips - Tried to get him while at Brighton and Arsenal. Had huge potential but didn't get any game time at WBA. Hoping i can rejuvenate him.    
Francisco - Player to build a team around!! He was unhappy at Barca B and we were more than happy to take him off them.
Lasse Hansen - LB prospect. We had to overpay, since PSG were sniffing around. 
Jimmy Lundgren - Alisson's replacement down the road. He's still raw but looks delightful for his age. 
Iban - Same story as Francisco's. Hilarious price for player with this quality. 
Niccolo Zanellato - Backup and fill for hg quota.  

d576d9ac387eb4653c219ca918c40022.png

Yeah... I'm giving up on this flat 433 business.
I mean, we do have a nice team here. Yeah, we're good. But c'mon, we're not "6+ goals every game" good.
Don't really have enough strikers to try again my 442 so i'm gonna try and make some 41221. It should fit my squad like a glove. 

Transfers // Update

OUT
57fd4aacff72bb26c379bc93a4fdac85.png

Minervini wanted out and got his wish fulfilled. He's good player but we have so many options in midfield now. 

IN

9edc3605f88689837eed16a2deade77a.png

Two backup players, two for HG quota. Underwhelming window, for sure, but we don't need much since we're playing just in Serie A, after early cup exit.     
Andrea Pedruzzi - Needed 4th striker for rotation and he's best option for a price. :D   
Andrea Rinaldi - Decent homegrown winger. 

710e19440fcc784f429346f47e4de78f.png

A.S. ROMA

2025./26.

Serie A TIM - Well... That was surprising. With our focus solely on the league after early cup exit, i expected from boys to have a good season. Get back into Europe. Perhaps even Champions League football. This... This i didn't see coming. Title came back to Rome after 25 years long wait!   
TIM Cup - Shame!! Shame!! Shame!!      
Squad - Core group has been made. It's on them to keep improving. We've got really young and talented generation here. These boys can go far. If they stay together.        
Transfers - Already got 2 players lined up on Bosman + goalkeeper from Villareal on whom i've spent 90% of our transfer budget. I don't think we'll buy anyone else. Do looking to sell couple benchwarmers.
Finances - Nice.      
Key players: 
Josh Phillips - Had a few dry spells but still ended up as our top scorer.         
Afonso Alves - Constant threat from the wings.        
Iban - Best right back i've trained so far.  
Honorable mention: Andrea Pedruzzi - Have no idea how he scored so much. We had a bit of a injury crisis as Ducic and Francisco were both out and Andrea had to step up. And, boy, was he amazing... Even scored 4 past Inter.       

CAREER SUMMARY

Season    Club             Country  League                      Position   Achievements
2017./18. Hartlepool Utd   ENG      Vanarama National League       6.           /
2018./19. Hartlepool Utd   ENG      Vanarama National League       1.      FA Trophy
2019./20. Hartlepool Utd   ENG      Sky Bet League 2               1.           /
2020./21. Brighton         ENG      Sky Bet Championship           1.           /
2021./22. Arsenal          ENG      Premier League                 4.           /
2022./23. Arsenal          ENG      Premier League                 2.       FA Cup, CL
2023./24. Arsenal          ENG      Premier League                 1.     SC, CWC, FA Cup, CC, CL
2024./25. A.S. Roma        ITA      Serie A TIM                   13.           /
2025./26. A.S. Roma        ITA      Serie A TIM                    1.           /

Goals for the upcoming season 
If we could win the title, we for sure have to defend it. Let's keep it in Roma!! 
As for CL, i'll be pleased if we got past first knockout rounds. 

Archived