Scouting

I was wondering if anyone could help me with scouting? For context, i’ve just taken Portsmouth to the Championship and the squad needs massive improvements if we’re to compete. We only have 4 scouts and a world knowledge of 6%, and whenever i filter searches by attributes a ridiculous amount of players come up, but we simply do not have the time nor the resources to scout all of them. Any advice? I’m trying to look for young players with good potential but can improve the starting XI now, although i’ve put myself at a bit of a disadvantage by only loading Europe’a Top 5 leagues + Argentina & Brazil (view only).

ignore the other leagues loaded and stick to locals? might be a little harder, but gaurantees brexit wont cripple your team, scouts stay local so are cheaper and quicker

loan market may help get a better player for a season before you establish yourself in the league and are taken more seriously

check any players relegated from championship that could be available cheap

I've also found that staying local is beneficial - especially due to the Brexit situation that could come into play at some point.

One way that I find players without having to pay for scouting / taking loads of time is by looking at the players who have recently been released by clubs. Offer them a trial and you can then see how well they fit into your team and what rating they would be. This is another good way of trying to get through your first season whilst building up a list of potential players throughout the campaign which you can aim for once you're more established as it gives you time and will spread the cost out too.

Whenever I'm a small club and I'm looking for good young players that can probably walk into my first team. I tend to wait until after the season is over and about 30th of June/1st of July go to the top leagues clubs; England, France, Italy, Germany & Spain. Then go to their transfer history and look at their released players. You are bounty find young players they have released will be ideal for your team. Just take them on trial. If they knock you back for a trial they will probably think they are too big for the club (In most cases).

I normally find a few belters and years on become stars players and the clubs that released them, sometimes offer you 20/30 million. 

6 minutes ago, Wee Haribo said:

Whenever I'm a small club and I'm looking for good young players that can probably walk into my first team. I tend to wait until after the season is over and about 30th of June/1st of July go to the top leagues clubs; England, France, Italy, Germany & Spain. Then go to their transfer history and look at their released players. You are bounty find young players they have released will be ideal for your team. Just take them on trial. If they knock you back for a trial they will probably think they are too big for the club (In most cases).

I normally find a few belters and years on become stars players and the clubs that released them, sometimes offer you 20/30 million. 

Sounds like a good idea - I'll give this a go

Also, you might want to go to the national squads of the smaller nations to try your luck. Some players in the senior squad may have contracts expiring or expired and you can take them in on trial. Same for the U21 and U19 squads, where there is an added bonus of finding a hidden gem or two. 

Archived