Day of release patch? Many thanks but...

Btw all your answers are much appreciated and also they are now bringing me to think that i'm definately going to buy the game on release day again. The problem i state above i can cope with (because i can use TV mode) as long as 2D laggyness has gone as you said even further up! I will happily play on 2D if it plays like 08 speed wise, as i can wait to use 3D until i get a new (much much better spec) laptop! Thats the best piece of news along with injuries being reduced slightly! So Happy FM gaming come the 14th :thup: The rest of the games new features are ACE! :D

i would not download a unoffical update if you plan on having a long term game. There is the likely hood that it will crash and not just that staff and players change clubs immediately at the start of the game anyway.

what time will the patch be released? cos i know that myself and a lot of other keeno's are gonna wanna buy the game first thing friday and jump straight in, but are we gonna have to wait for the patch to be released or will it be like midnight on 13th or sommit? sorry if it says somewhere else and i missed it.

also, just wanna say that although the demo an tht has problems an people complain on here, i think its really impressive that SI actaullly responds to peoples posts and provides decent support, its reassuring that they care lol

The Patch will be including a date update such as manager changes. Miles confrims this in the latest blog.

Yep.

There've also been a couple of other issues reported to us from the demo that are affecting some users, so we are looking at those and, thanks to our deal with STEAM that makes releasing updates so easy, will be releasing an update to the game on the day of release. This will also include some manager moves that have happened since the game has gone into manufacture. So if you authenticate the game through STEAM on release, you will get these updates automatically. If you authenticate via the other 2 options, you can go to our website on the day of release and manually download the udpate from there.

I haven't been able to get hold of the data team today, but will have a chat with them and see if they want to do a data update too. It takes a lot of co-ordination and testing, so I don't know if it will be possible in time.

Did you get to speak with your data team Miles so that you can make a statement?

Alternatively getting the data team to list key changes that wont be released in the patch would allow thoe that want include them / some of them could do so

FM08 2D was much better than FM09 but i would rather see time spent on more important areas for now personally.

Maybe if they just removed the sponsor boards from FM09 pitch it would look bigger or more clear.

Archived