FA Cup Ball in FM18

stevemc

Hi, I'm finding it really difficult to see the ball used in FM18 for the FA Cup, it's a like a red colour which I'm struggling to follow on the green of the grass. Is there anyway to change this back to white?

Just checked in my game and the issue seems to be with the Winter FA Cup Ball, I guess the game is using this one

nike-ordem-fa-cup-16-17-ball-2.jpg

(last years ball but couldn't find an image of this years winter one) though the game doesn't really support competition specific balls all it can do is recolour the ball so you get an orange/red one.

However changing the ball is even simpler than I stated in the linked post all you need to do before the match is played is go to the:

Preference -> Interface -> Skin Colours screen.

And at the bottom of the screen select the colour of the Winter Ball and change it to something else and click confirm and it will then change the Winter Ball colour for all comps going forward.

It doesn't seem to work if you select the Yellow Colour for some reason (guess it just reverts to the default colours) but it works fine if you select White. (Which isn't a problem as FM18 doesn't currently use the snow or frozen pitches).

If you want some more fine control over the ball colour then you can use either the pre-game or in-game editors to change the Winter Ball colour on a comp basis.

You can also change the ball pattern by editing the ball files, instructions are in the linked thread.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this Michael - the ball appears red in my game which is nothing like the real FA Cup ball and is difficult to see, can't imagine what it must be like for someone with poorer vision than me. 

The yellow winter ball is fine, as is the white, its just the red FA Cup ball - if I can change it once in the preferences then great, but if I have to go in and remember to change the ball colour before each FA Cup game, then that's going to be a nightmare.

Il y a 11 heures, stevemc a dit :

Thanks for taking the time to look into this Michael - the ball appears red in my game which is nothing like the real FA Cup ball and is difficult to see, can't imagine what it must be like for someone with poorer vision than me. 

The yellow winter ball is fine, as is the white, its just the red FA Cup ball - if I can change it once in the preferences then great, but if I have to go in and remember to change the ball colour before each FA Cup game, then that's going to be a nightmare.

editor in the game you can change

12 hours ago, stevemc said:

Once you have changed it once the game should remember the new colour (unless you reset the colours or manually delete the preference files).

• 7 months later...

Archived