Scouts always return with reports not having found anyone

I think I have a problem with the scouts. I'm at the first half of the season and I have had two scouts return without any report on any player. My team is in the second tier of the Russian football pyramid (First Division) and I don't have any money to sign players (which I'm fine with). I did search for players on certain positions with a limited budget set on €250k and I also searched for players who are nearing the end of their contracts. I have also asked for a general search for the country and the scout came back with nothing. I think the highest current rating I have set them was 2.5 stars. No reports or whatsoever. I'm playing FM17.

How can I change this and make sure the scouts come back with actual reports? Also, do scouts load up reports during their time on duty or after? They used to do this during the time, but this may have changed since I played the FM14 version.

Where have you sent the scouts if the league isn't active then there may not be any players for them to scout in that country otherwise you may have put too many restrictions on your scout - try sending them out again with no restrictions and see if they find anyone, and if it's a smaller country check through the teams in that country to make sure there are some players for them to scout.

I have sent the scout to Russia (the country of the league I'm playing). It's not a particularly small country, I might add. ;) I didn't give him many restrictions, as I sent him for a general search of players. Just an age range of 18-31 or something.

I have given him (or it's a different scout) a new assignment with even fewer restrictions. He's been out for a week. I have added a screenshot of this one. This scout also scouts the opposition. You'd think he'd watch matches and take note of the abilities of the players. Should I perhaps assign a different scout on this mission alone?

Also, I can send scouts to complete different assignments (though quite similar in approach) and have no problem with them if they were assigned to the same country/region? I can't think of this being a problem in the real world.

Scout assignment.png

• 6 months later...
On 05/01/2018 at 19:32, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Try changing the transfer budget to automatic in case that is causing him to not include players. You also sure that he has actually gone on the assignment and it isn't queued behind a roaming assignment if you're saying your other scouts find players fine.

I honestly don't know what it is? Do you think it has to do with budget? Please note that the club has a transfer ban until February 16th 2017.

Yes, it's a half year later and I'm still in the first season, picking up the game again. I just have the same problem and I'm wondering what it is, because it is affecting a little bit my long-term plans for this game/save. Basically, my question is: what is causing my scouts not to find anyone even at the most liberal settings?

This is my Finances:

Finances Mordovia.png

On 05/01/2018 at 19:32, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Try changing the transfer budget to automatic in case that is causing him to not include players. You also sure that he has actually gone on the assignment and it isn't queued behind a roaming assignment if you're saying your other scouts find players fine.

Let me respond to this accurately: I have set scouts on assignments with an automatic transfer budget and on a restricted budget. The budget shown should be sufficient (even too much) to find players with, as he's scouting for a Russian First Division club. He was not queued, actually went on the assignment, and he came back with reports that he couldn't find anyone. This happens to ALL of my scouts. None of my scouts came back with anyone on their list. Not even once.

• longtimefan changed the title to Scouts always return with reports not having found anyone
10 minutes ago, Snorks said:

What are his JPA and JPP attributes like?

Whats his regional knowledge like?

It's multiple scouts (four). For JPA and JPP they range from 8-9 and 8-10 respectively. Their regional knowledge is 100% for Russia. I've also sent them abroad with the same "success".

could simply be that they aren't very good at their job to be fair. 

Keep sending them out, they are low attributes so will take some time for them to recognise talent, lok to improve your scouting attributes  as soon as you can. I sometimes have scouts returning no reports even with attributes at 15-16-17, scouting Europe. 

I currently have 25 scouts (yes, am at a big club, and the board wants me to reduce it to 10) but each week the reports vary from 20 - 35 players so not all the scouts are reporting every time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2018 at 02:50, longtimefan said:

I honestly don't know what it is? Do you think it has to do with budget? Please note that the club has a transfer ban until February 16th 2017.

Yes, it's a half year later and I'm still in the first season, picking up the game again. I just have the same problem and I'm wondering what it is, because it is affecting a little bit my long-term plans for this game/save. Basically, my question is: what is causing my scouts not to find anyone even at the most liberal settings?

This is my Finances:

Being under a transfer ban might be the issue, as seems to mark players as not interested so that might be why your scouts aren't picking up anyone, is anyone showing up on your player search screen if you tick the interested only option?

You can also try going on holiday past the transfer ban and then see if your scouts will pick up people.

The transfer ban is the issue & is something that I logged 4 or 5 years ago, the problem is that the transfer of embargo marks all players as unrealistic targets which results in the lack of scout reports during that period.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, thanks @michaeltmurrayuk and @Barside. It was indeed the transfer ban. I understand that a transfer ban means you cannot transfer players to your club, however, I didn't know or assumed this also meant there would be a scouting ban or a ban to be interested in moving to a club once the ban has been lifted. So, that really is an issue if you're in the hole and really need reinforcements asap after the lifting of the transfer ban.

Archived