Sacked for not playing youth

Think a few have had this in the past, I took over as Burnley manager a few seasons into a save won them the championship in first full season when predicted to finish 7th and board wanted play offs.

end  of season i was sacked for not giving enough opportunity to youngsters. I no people will say well you should have played youth but firstly there wasn’t any remotely close to getting in first team squad I have an average number 2 goalkeeper who played 6 games that was it. More distracting the whole season the board was above and beyond happy with me I even checked the day before I was sacked and they had no problems.

just find this very un realistic that they can just suddenly sack you when there more than happy with your performance. Now I’m having to Go to Italy and managed sassulo 😡

43 minutes ago, Hoodmatty said:

I took over as Burnley manager a few seasons into a save won them the championship in first full season when predicted to finish 7th and board wanted play offs. End  of season i was sacked for not giving enough opportunity to youngsters.

Agree, very extreme.

Upload your save into the Bugs forum and raise it there. I am sure that this is not an intended consequence and far too drastic given the league performance. 

A lot of this will depend on the promise you made and whether you were given any warnings by the board.  If you knew that you dont have any quality youths, it is hard to understand why you would promise to play them and if you do, then choose not to.  I agree that it is hard and unfair to sack you but badly breaking a board promise is always going to be a problem.

Archived