1. Ukrainian Premier League.
2. Ukrainian First League.
3. Ukrainian Second League.
4. Ukrainian Amateur League.
5. Ukrainian Regional Division.
6. Ukrainian Cup.
7. Ukrainian Supercup.
8. Ukrainian Amateur Cup.
9. U-21 (1 Division) and U-19 (1 and 2 Division).

- Real formats and rules for D1-D3 leagues and cups (almost real - for D4-D5).
- Real squads and coaches of Ukrainian D1-D4 teams for 2017-12-09.

- No Regional Cups yet (maybe will be added later).

File: Ukraine D5.fmf

File for 18.3: Ukraine D5 18.3.fmf

Or you can download it from Steam Workshop. (Update for 18.3 from Steam Workshop)

If you find a bug - write in this topic.

For Persha Liha, you have 5 subs allowed under match rules ("7 subs named, maximum 5 used"). The regular FM game has "maximum 3 used" for this league.

You also have "maximum 5 used" for the two level-three leagues. I'm not sure if that's really the case or not, but I wouldn't think it would be.

But then you have "maximum 7 used" for every single league below (levels four and five), which really doesn't sound right. (Plus for the Lyubitel's'ke Kubok Ukraini too.) Maybe it's accurate, but I can't imagine that it would be.

Regardless of whether those other leagues have accurate sub rules or not, you do have 5 allowed for the Persha Liha when FM has 3 allowed.

44 минуты назад, USASoundersFan сказал:

For Persha Liha, you have 5 subs allowed under match rules ("7 subs named, maximum 5 used"). The regular FM game has "maximum 3 used" for this league.

You also have "maximum 5 used" for the two level-three leagues. I'm not sure if that's really the case or not, but I wouldn't think it would be.

But then you have "maximum 7 used" for every single league below (levels four and five), which really doesn't sound right. (Plus for the Lyubitel's'ke Kubok Ukraini too.) Maybe it's accurate, but I can't imagine that it would be.

Regardless of whether those other leagues have accurate sub rules or not, you do have 5 allowed for the Persha Liha when FM has 3 allowed.

HERE you can see information, that 5 subtitutions for Persha and Druha Liha are possible (use google translate if needed). So rules in this update are correct. 

6 minutes ago, steff13 said:

HERE you can see information, that 5 subtitutions for Persha and Druha Liha are possible (use google translate if needed). So rules in this update are correct. 

Interesting. You might want to bring that information up in the bugs forum if somebody else hasn't yet (as it relates to Persha Liha).

So are seven subs really allowed in levels four and five? If so, that's crazy. I don't know of any league in the world that allows that many other than very amateur competitions.

@USASoundersFan I'm Ukrainian assistant researcher, author of this update too. We often talk with our head researcher, so this information definitely will be included to the 18.3 patch.

To the question about seven subs: 

Fourth level (Amateur League): HERE link for official rules for season 17/18. You can find rule about seven subs in page 24, par. 8

Fifth level (Regional Leagues): there're no reglament documents, but, for example, HERE you can find a match protocol from Kharkiv Oblast High League, where one of teams make 7 subs. Rules in these divisions are very simple.

2 часа назад, USASoundersFan сказал:

So are seven subs really allowed in levels four and five?

For example here you can see reglament document of one of the Regional Leagues - Volyns'ka oblast'. Par. 6.7 is about 7 subs (On ukrainian - "6.7. У кожній грі дозволяються заміни не більше 7 гравців", on english - "6.7. No more than 7 players are allowed to be substituted in each game"). I found reglament documents of almost all regions and tryed to made realistic rules in update.

Well, I'll just repeat what I said in my last post - That's crazy. I honestly don't know of any other leagues in the world that offer seven or more subs.

As a football fan, I don't like that so many subs are allowed (not to mention five being allowed at the fully professional leagues in levels two and three of the Ukrainian football pyramid), but, if that's what they use, then obviously FM (both the official version and your edited file) should go along with that.

steff13, good to hear. Well, I'd rather that only three subs were allowed, but good that the accurate information will be included in the next patch.

Ohrim, it's a good sign that the first thing that I noticed, which I figured was inaccurate, was actually you doing your due diligence in including accurate information. I haven't really delved into this, but I glanced at the rules for the various leagues and was stunned to see how many subs were (as it turns out, accurately) allowed.

@USASoundersFan as was mentioned in one of the sources, that I posted, after correction of official football rules at march 2017, national football assotiations can assign any subs quantity, instead highest divisions. So our federation made that desicion. Also I won't be surprised if in some lower divisions happened the same (especially in Eastern Europe). 

Don't forget that our level of our football became slightly lower last 3 years, so 2 or 3 level in Ukraine and, for example, Poland or Switzerland, are very different. Amateur league and Regional leagues - really amateur turnaments, which are comparable with some Pub leagues in England (but, surely, a little better) - so rules in these leagues can be as in friendly matches or junior competitions.

5 minutes ago, steff13 said:

@USASoundersFan as was mentioned in one of the sources, that I posted, after correction of official football rules at march 2017, national football assotiations can assign any subs quantity, instead highest divisions. So our federation made that desicion. Also I won't be surprised if in some lower divisions happened the same (especially in Eastern Europe). 

Don't forget that our level of our football became slightly lower last 3 years, so 2 or 3 level in Ukraine and, for example, Poland or Switzerland, are very different. Amateur league and Regional leagues - really amateur turnaments, which are comparable with some Pub leagues in England (but, surely, a little better) - so rules in these leagues can be as in friendly matches or junior competitions.

Sorry, I didn't notice that part of that source about IFAB's rule change in March, allowing this flexibility below top leagues in each country and not counting international matches.

That's crazy that I hadn't heard about that change. From the perspective of a football fan, I am not a fan of this rule change at all, but I doubt that it's going to revert back to three at this point. (In my opinion, it should be three subs at every level that includes semi-pro and pro teams, and all teams in levels two and three in Ukraine in FM 2018 are listed as fully professional.)

Curious - do you know of any other level-two leagues around Europe that now allow five substitutes? I can't seem to find anything online about any leagues (other than Ukraine) using five subs now. I'm guessing there probably are some other leagues; I just can't find anything related to it. (Of course, my inability to understand any language other than English doesn't help.)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived