[Discussion] Improvement of agents

Cint

Agents has been in the game since 2011 but they didn't undergo much improvement since then. I would like to see some improvements in that field. Here are few of my suggestions for further discussion:

1. First of all I would like to see that retiring players could choose to become an agent in addition to manager, coach, scout, etc. In real life there are plenty of examples when former football stats are now agents.

2. Connected with the above is the suggestion to allow add more information about agents in editor. Football and non-football history, relations, etc.

3. In real life, agents help especially young player to plan their careers, when to change a club and which destination to choose in order to maximize the development of a player. So that agents should come to managers not only with free agents as it is in most cases now but also with proposals of players under contracts. 

4. Maybe there should be an option allowing you to talk to agent of a player who is not particularly interested in transfer and you could try to change his mind through an agent, especially if the agent likes you or your club.

5. When we talk about relations I don't really understand how they work in the game in between all kind of characters. Maybe that should be improved as well but it is the topic for another discussion. If we talk about relations with agent maybe if the agent likes you or your club he would negotiate in more mild way than he would normally do. When the agent dont like you, he could dissuade a player to join your club even if the player wants it.

6. In real life we have football agencies, not only solo agent, so it would be nice to implement it in the game. Moreover those agencies in real life often hire scouts who help them to pick potential future football stars to represent, not to mention physios. Maybe that could also be implemented in the game so that clubs would compete for the best scouts not only with other clubs but also with agencies. 

7. Sometimes agents are hired by clubs in order to help them prepare transfer deals. That could be also implemented in the game. If u want to sell a player but there is no-one interested, you could ask football agent or agency to help you with the transfer in return of for example 50% of transfer fee obtained.

Maybe you guys have other ideas for improving agents in Football Manager?

Agree with some of this, especially with discussions between agent and manager regarding the progress of a player and his standing and career progression. Think there has to be a line drawn or you could end up spending to much time on every little aspect.

• 1 month later...

Archived