Option to stop board from forcing you to sell players.

sureup

Hi,

Context: I always play IK Start in the norwegian leagues. I love the game and have played since cm00/01.

Over the last couple FM's I've had a huge issue with my board selling my top players for ****** bids even after gaining reputaiton, dominating the league, having great economic status and being competetive to win the champions league. In early seasons when I'm still a small team but with ok economic standing they still want to sell the potentially world class player for only a small sum more than what I bought him for only half a season ago.

It's one thing a player being unhappy and wanting a larger salary/higher rep team but for my board to sell a player I can myself sell for 50m£ and accepting bids at 4m£ or forcing great players with huge potential out for peanuts is just pure sabotage. I spend so many hours scouting players etc and having them force sold constantly and completely random is not fun.

Could we get a simple option for FM 2018 (check mark in settings and/or option when starting a game) to prevent the board from force-selling players? Or have it tied to the Director Of Fooball? (if the club has no DOF/you sack the DOF then you have full control over sales of players). Or even only force sell players when the club is in a bad financial state? Like when I have 10m£ in the bank the club shouldn't sell their top player and world class player for a 2-3m£ bid...

I absolutely love the games and have sunk tousands of hours into them but I hate wasting time working around this issue like having my players asking price so low so bids won't get auto accepted etc.

I understand but in my experience it has worked out totally unrealistic with the board selling players for really bad prices even when in good financial standing. Maybe if the board feels it needs money (bad financial state) then they will say you need to sell players to get X amount of money before date Y or they will take over control of sales of players?

Anyways the game is already unrealistic with how much power the manager has so I don't think this is a stretch to have this option and it would make it a lot more fun for people who play lower reputation teams and work super hard on scouting. The players will get unhappy anyways if you don't let them go and/or don't achieve anything noteworthy. Also I'm just asking it to be an option, if you wanna play like before that could be the standard option.

Another side-point is whenever the board accepts an offer they don't negotiate. You would always want to negotiate even though you know you will accept if they don't go higher.

It's another option to add to the mile-long list of things people want a check-box to control.  I'm not sure it's the right way to go about it either - wouldn't it be better if the board just behaved sensibly in their decisions around this, rather than switching it off entirely?  Seems to me more like an unlockable you'd use in FMC than something they'd put in the main game.

Basically your issue appears to be that your reputation and success, thus drawing power for players, has outgrown where your board thinks you are.  Presumably the player values are also still pretty low relatively speaking.  So the board thinks they're getting an offer they can't refuse.  That's a matter of making the board "smarter" (tough) or the reputation system being more reactive (tougher).  

I agree. If it worked properly it would make sense. But if i rise to success in 5 years (playoffs CL and easily winning league and cup multiple years in a row) and have plenty in the bank they still sell players for peanuts.

I guess if the clubs reputation/players value updated faster after results it could help but still I've had the issue in multiple saves with different rates of success. But in general I can say that the value of my players stay very low and rise super slow so that might be the big issue. But again this is how it's been for a long time so an option to turn off this self harming board would be super welcoming in my book.

The main point for me is that if the economic standing in the club is ok they should not interfere. We already get punished if a big club wants a great player from your small club cause they have higher rep and can offer way higher wages so the player will whine and you risk having squad moral issues, contract negotiation issues and performance issues.

Everything else that's punishing about the game seems fine to me but the board trying to ruin it's own success and selling players for really bad value when we are playing to win the champions league makes no sense to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived