GK can't handle First Team Pressure

I had never seen anything like this. Admittedly I was hard on him when he let in a goal on a mistake in a Euro Cup game that we ended up draw (which is still a good result for the team, honestly).

Is there anything I can do to help improve his ability to handle pressure situations?  I was thinking I could maybe team talk him and if he has a poor game, try to remain positive if/when that happens?

pressure.thumb.PNG.840d5ebf5bdaa942b32ce63a389c64c4.PNG

If he's young, you might be able to tutor him. If not, I don't think you're ever going to get his hidden "pressure" attribute up to a good level even if a particular praising strategy helps his morale and/or bumps the stat up slightly. (You could try giving him individual "no pressure" team talks too)

I guess the message comes because he's in poor form as well, which may not be his fault if there's not much defending in front of him.

That said, I'd care about hidden attributes more for a keeper than most players (for many outfield players their skills or physical domination are worth a few mistakes) so my first thought would be maybe try a new keeper

He actually isn't playing too poorly and it came a couple days after I was critical of him - though that one game probably made him look bad on his average form as he typically averages 6.9 and a 6.2 would pull that down over a 5 game spread.  He actually excels at big games and in general is a youngish keeper that has a load of promise and future potential so I was thinking on using him long term.  I think I'll keep with him a bit longer (mostly due to lack of a substitute) as aside from the one game I haven't really been unhappy with him (he once stopped a PK in a game, and then stopped 3 straight PKs in penalties at the end of the game for me to qualify to the next round in Euro Cup against all odds!).

In retrospect I probably should have been tolerant of a single mistake in a game that ultimately didn't matter (we tied that game, still overachieved and advanced to the knockout round.... I just have high standards haha).  That said I'll keep an eye on things!

Archived