Goal machine becomes a nightmare

Hi guys, 

im actually playing with a custom league pack divided in 8 divisions. I bought a player (Isak) when I was in division 3 then go up to the 2 easily because of him and his statistics. I refused to sell him to biggest teams because I'm expecting to go to the division 1. 

Now this player refuse to talk to me, unhappy and doesn't score any goals after 6 months in the division 2. I really don't want to sell him, he's a monster in the game and still very young. 

Do you know when he will stop that ? If I end up to the division 1 maybe ? 

Also when I received offers i directly refused without negotiating or talk to him to tell him why I refuse. He still have 4 years in his contract and me and my team are still in his favorites. 

Thx

5 hours ago, RomanZorro said:

Do you know when he will stop that ? If I end up to the division 1 maybe ? 

He might not stop.  Not only have you refused transfer offers, you've refused to even talk to him about it.  I'd be pretty pissed too if my manager wouldn't even talk to me.

Perhaps you'll get lucky and he will eventually come around, but no guarantees.

However, if he's going through such a long goal drought there may(?) be other factors influencing this as well.  I'm in a similar situation at present - I refused to sell my striker (although I did talk to him about it): he's very unhappy and in a massive sulk, but he's still scoring regularly.  Have a check to make sure something else isn't also having an affect: does he have a poor personality and/or low hidden attributes such as pressure (check his coach report)?; low determination / work ethic?; can you talk to him about poor performance (or even fine him)?; are there any tactical tweaks you could make to improve the service he gets?

Yes I guess I made a big mistake to not give him any reasons why I refused every offers. He's not in a long goal drought but he doesn't score often like the previous season. 16 games, 3 goals, 8 Key passes.

His personality is a quite ambitious and fit well with the team personnality  

I want to keep him longer, really hope by the end of my season if we end up to division 1 he will change his mind otherwise I will sell him unfortunately 

The problem I have with talking to my players about the whole want to move is that there is very very seldom anything positiv to be gained by it. It usually ends in the player throwing a tantrum anyway even if you agree to sell him at a reasonable price since the reasonable part is usually not agreeable if you want anything more than he is valued at. At least some players just keep going without saying anything else if I ignore them, they still want to move but at least they are not totally upset and trying to pull the rest of the team into their drama this way.

2 hours ago, mimland said:

The problem I have with talking to my players about the whole want to move is that there is very very seldom anything positiv to be gained by it. It usually ends in the player throwing a tantrum anyway even if you agree to sell him at a reasonable price since the reasonable part is usually not agreeable if you want anything more than he is valued at. At least some players just keep going without saying anything else if I ignore them, they still want to move but at least they are not totally upset and trying to pull the rest of the team into their drama this way.

Disagree with this - I've had good conversations with players when they've decided to stay or at least agreed a price that I will accept and they get on with playing. 

3 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Disagree with this - I've had good conversations with players when they've decided to stay or at least agreed a price that I will accept and they get on with playing. 

Probably depends on club stature to some degree. I have a very small club despite being a top 5 PL club the past couple of seasons. When Bayern, Real Madrid, Man City/UTD and the likes come in for the players there is nothing to be said to my better players that will make them happy. The average players can somtimes agree when told they probably wont get as much first team football. The reasonable price tag according to my players are about what they are valued at despite the going rate for players around their quality is 3-4x higher meaning if I sell my key players for what they consider reasonable I wont have any chance of replacing them with close to equally good players. 

Archived