month to month contracts

Hi everyone, was hoping someone could explain month to month contracts to me. Specifically, I don't understand...1) why some player (and staff) contracts expire then they leave the club with immediate effect while some stay on month to month contracts, is there a way to see on the players' contract screen whether they will stay or leave?? and 2) what is the benefit or incentive to re-sign players to usually more expensive contracts when they'll stay on a month to month contract on their current wage?

Hope someone can help because I've not come across this month to month contract in other leagues so am quite confused!

A player or staff member whose contract has expired, they have chosen to stay at the club and you have not released them from and the club will remain on a month to month contract.

There is no way to tell which player or staff member will stay its just decided right there and then.  It happens more in the lower leagues i have found out. 

An employee on a month to month contract by definition can leave on a month's notice. In football terms they can basically leave when they like.

It also works the other way though. By definition you can sack them with a month's pay though in football terms I think you can just release them.

Archived