I used to "Allow rest after match" for 95% of the times during a season.
But then I thought, "why should I also rest the guys who weren't involved in the last match"?

Isn't it better to individually rest the 10 players(except the gk) who were involved in the last match and keep doing that for the whole season?
And maybe select "allow rest after match" only after a lot of "2/3-matches-a-week" to counter jadedness?

Are there any negatives effects? Does it affect training "happiness"?

I am in October ingame and everyone from my 22 senior team players is "Pleased with training overall". Not one of them is "Happy" or "Content".
In my U20s though, out of 22 players, 6 are "Pleased", 13 are "Happy" and 3 are "Content".

Interesting thought, I've always used "rest after match" but if you have the patience to individually rest the starting XI + used bench players I guess the unused sub players could get more training time and benefit from that.

It used to be the case that individually assigning players to rest after the match reduced their condition recovery rate slightl & I suspect that may still be the case, other than that it make sense as I do not recall there being any negative aspect if only half your squad are in training for a day.

1 hour ago, ryan045 said:

Interesting thought, I've always used "rest after match" but if you have the patience to individually rest the starting XI + used bench players I guess the unused sub players could get more training time and benefit from that.

Actually, it isn't that troublesome.
What you do is a) sort all players by condition/sharpness, b) select the last player, c) use shift+click to select more players that need rest.
Like this:

Spoiler

Olympiacos_rest_edited.png

Because, as you can see from the image, I don't even have to rest 10 players. 81% of condition is not that bad, it doesn't require a rest.
And if you have two XI's which you rotate, it sounds logical to do individual rest. Right?

25 minutes ago, Barside said:

It used to be the case that individually assigning players to rest after the match reduced their condition recovery rate slightl & I suspect that may still be the case

If that's the case, we need a mod to clear this up.
But I don't get it. If a rest increases your physical condition, how could it also reduce it?

12 minutes ago, ilkork said:

But I don't get it. If a rest increases your physical condition, how could it also reduce it?

That's not what Barside said at all. It reduced the RATE of recovery, not Condition. Whether that's still the case, I don't know.

38 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That's not what Barside said at all. It reduced the RATE of recovery, not Condition. Whether that's still the case, I don't know.

Let's see if I got it.
A) With "Allow rest after match" you have a recovery rate of 10% (almost a random number),
B) With "individual rest" you have a recovery rate of 7.5% (almost a random number).

So, if you have a player with 80% condition, after one day:
-with option A, his condition will reach 88% (80%+10%),
-with option B, his condition will reach 86% (80%+7.5%).

Right?

This used to be the case in previous FM versions but we can't be sure if it's still the case, right?
Do we know if there are more "negative" effects in the long term if I constantly use option B?

Archived